Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not gonna give a link cuz i dont wanna advertise but has anyone ever done the free gear thing from memo link? I just signed up u have to do surveys and earn points and every so many points you get free paintball stuff? I wanna know if anyone else does this and if its bs or not. And i wouldnt mind if sum1 could clear it up for me a little.
Thanks
Tj

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol ive done like 4 serveys so far and have 106 points and need like 19,000 to get my first prize. It seems legit they do it for alot of others things just not paintball. Plus they probably make a ton from the people who sent the surveys in.

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pwnage :) they said like jersey sets wit pants and **** uhh hpa tanks and guns but the first prize is probably gonna be a cheapo jersey after that pants then probably a tank then a crappy gun and so on lol

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im only doing surveys so its gonna take a while. I do, do sum of the other things that dont require downloading too. I did download the american idol one tho its a easy 600 points and the only thing u download is this little box where u get free music

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
njust go to the forums and go to the free stuff forums. it has free stuff websites give away. its not like you get a playstation in the mail, but i got some cool stuff. got a t-shirt from newegg.com, free stickers from some skating company, christmas CD, keychain, dragon quest 8 demo, yak pack, and some other little stuff. also got some "free" coupons.

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woot. im gonna have points coming in quick now. I get 40 points every dollar spent on one of there sponsors. And my mom buys stuff from seirra almost everyday. I just checked and Seirra trading post is one of there sponsors :) Score

·
Registered
626 Posts
These may be legit but most others will send your computer spiraling down into hell in a daze of utter pain and agony. Be careful what you sign up for.

Also if 4 surveys gets you 106 points, you will need to do 19026.5 more surveys to get your first prize :dodgy:

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
CrazyAzian said:
These may be legit but most others will send your computer spiraling down into hell in a daze of utter pain and agony. Be careful what you sign up for.

Also if 4 surveys gets you 106 points, you will need to do 19026.5 more surveys to get your first prize :dodgy:
no its different, its not those pyramid schemes. its just websites that give out free stuff. similar to the UPS free box deal. you go to the site, some websites might be trying to promote themselves and give out idk lets say a free keychain, or a mug, or a free sample of something.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
While these sites may be infact somewhat legitimate, what you will see is a huge increase of spam and unwanted e-mails. When you register at one of these sights, you are more then likely getting put on a prospect list that the parent company sells to e-mail bulk mailers.

The matrix scams are basically ponzi schemes and are barely legal. The get stuff free sites basically make it so you have to jump through 500 hoops, spend hours of your time, to get a $40 product for "free". If you factor in your time, internet and computer time etc, you are more then likely better off to just go out and buy the stuff retail.

Good luck, and have fun, but don't sign anything! You may find that when you registered with a particular website that you inadvertantly committed yourself to a recurring charge on your credit card or whatever.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
that actually happened to me... i signed up on the Entertainment magazine website for a free issue, but it suscribed me. i got like 5 issues in the mail and then they smack me with a bill. my mom had to call the company and tell them i'm under 18, and they weren't allowed to charge me. kind of funny.

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol im under 18. I dont do anything that requires credit card numbers. I give fake adresses and fake numbers lol. Luckily i got the thunderbird internet its like fire fox but for email and i can put stuff in a junk file so the emails from like nestle or wut ever i gave my email adress to go in the junk file.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts