Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
just complete the UL kit. freaks are not that good... a UL kit would definitely pwn the face off any freak kit. one UL by itself would almost pwn a freak kit except the lack of bore sizes, which it almost makes up for in performance.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Look, just about every paint out there is .688 or .689 unless of course it isn't cared for then it buldges or dimples.

so really, the gain from having 1 back w/ many inserts alowing u to switch treads easy is kinda pointless. B/c ul backs cost the same as a freak back. My point being, w/ paint having a very common bore, why bother w/ a kit when 1 bore works and u don't have to hassel w/ inserts that can break or dent? So if u were to switch gun threads, no biggie b/c u can just buy a new ul back for the same as a freak back.

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
stick with the UL and maybe get some inserts for that if u really want to

edit my bad guys i meant inserts for the freak not the UL... i was typing to fast to relize cuz i was in class

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
yeah, because we all know ultralights have inserts...

if you don't know what your talking about, please don't try to offer help

the only size barrels you need is .688 and .693. 90% of paint will shoot through the .688 with no problem, but if for some reason the paint is a larger bore, or the weather has made the paint swell, use the .693.

Everyone stresses paint to barrel match, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only insert dynasty uses in their freaks is a .693.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts