Discussion Starter #1
Before
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
After
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

sorr 'bout the big pics...forgot to re-size them before i uploaded them

ok, here's the story behind these pics. I am very very very stupid, I realize this and I take full responsibality for what happened and blame nothing but myself. I could have been hurt worse and I realize I'm very lucky i wasn't hit in the eye or worse.

ok now here's the story. I was bored and was wondering what I wan gonna do with all these .22 shells i have laying around that my friend left (he told me to keep them and go buy a .22) They were bird pellets so there's no gunpower in them, jsut primer. I though to myself "hey, no gunpower, that means it won't do anything too bad if i shoot it with a BB gun. so I set it on a piec of wood and shot it in the back. my first reaction was "wow, that was loud compared to shooting it out of a .22" then i realized there was something stickign out fo my cheek and i thought I got grazed by something and i went to the bathroom to wash it out and I discovered that the casing was stuck in my cheek. I finally stopped the bleeding thanks to first aid skills I learne
p going to the emegerency room where everybody wanted to see it cuz it was something they'd never seen happen before. I also have to add that I wasnt' in a lot of pain, it just wanted it out. well teh doctor came and started pulling on it befroe he numbed it up and the nurse was very supprised that i wasn't screaming, but it really didnt' hurt very much, just a slight tug was all I felt. Then the doctor came back and numbed me up and got it out and gave me 3 stitches. HE also gave me the shell that was in my face.I was very glad to have it out and I'm gonna have a nasty scar for it too.

PLEASE...nobody ever try this, very very very dumb.

On another I was also talking with the nurse about gun injuries before the doctor came and she said a few weeks ago a 9 yr old kid came in with a paintball injury. apparently his jun had jammed (probally a barrel break) and he looked down the barrel and pulled the trigger....what an idiot. She said he probalyl woudl loose his vision ot of that eye. That's why we wear masks people, and also why we dont' look gown our barrel and pull the trigger to see what's wrong.

·
1,751 Posts
Master of Paint said:
An inch and a half higher, and your eye would be gone. Your lucky, and moronic.
your moronic for posting that? he posted about how he knew it was stupid ect so people like you wouldnt waste their time posting crap like that.

D

·
0 Posts
my uncle had a sorta thing like this.. smashed a bullet with a hammer.. chunk went into his eye and ****ed it royally. Got infected and stuff,, the doctor was a moron. So he has next to no vision in it.. and its a lazy eye now.. goes all over..

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
CoWcH said:
your moronic for posting that? he posted about how he knew it was stupid ect so people like you wouldnt waste their time posting crap like that.
I was reiderating the fact, and I'll post my opinion wherever I want to. Oh and what about Spyder Person hmm?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
thumup: your lucky. But hey everybody does crazy stuff everynow and then.....

PS- your eyes..... are the coolest(not in a gay way) lol

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eh, I like my eyes too. so do girls

usualyl they arent' that green, theyr'e usualyl a more blue-ish grey-ish mixture. but I likem 'em better when they're green like that. you can see how they've changed even in the 1 1/2 hours that i was in the emergency room. (not as bright and green as the earlier photo)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I probably would have done something along the lines of that so don’t be too hard on yourself you’re not the only stupid person here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
damn! bad luck for you dude! i shot loaded .22s lots of times, never had any injuries :) - try shooting a full 12ga shell with a .22 - a little more exciting if you can hit the primer at about 40 yds

dont be hard on yourslef, just stand farther next time and wear some shades at least thumup:

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
martix_agent said:
eh, I like my eyes too. so do girls
Are they struck on the pubic stubble on your chin?

jk man, keep reaching for that rainbow.

On topic: I generally try not to do things that could result in me losing my vision.

·
1,751 Posts
Master of Paint said:
I was reiderating the fact, and I'll post my opinion wherever I want to. Oh and what about Spyder Person hmm?
quoting 2 people takes more effort then the click of a button thumup:

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
daamn thats close dude. just be glad it wasn't one of the pellets. i've had episodes like that. one time a buddy and I burned some .25 cal blanks. he was near it when two went off, killed his hearing for a few min.

now my story of stupidity. one year for X-mas my uncle gave me a co2 powered pellet pistol. you had to cock it after each shot, yada yada. anyway, when the co2 was about empty you could pull the trigger and it would just roll a bb out the barrel...i thought the co2 was out so i was gonna pull the trigger and catch the bb in my hand... BANG blood, etc. oww! shot myself in the hand, point blank with a co2 pistol... went inside and stopped the bleeding and went about my day. big whoop. couple of years later i broke my arm in a 4-wheeler accident. when i went to ahve it set they took some x-rays. theres a little white ball between my finger bones. a doctor says that looks like a bb... my mom and i look at eachother and think..duh when we realized where it came from...

so now i have a cool parlor trick. i can take a strong magnent(like those telescoping retriver things) and stick it to my hand. people grab it off my hand and try and make it stick to theirs. fun stuff.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
its was pretty stupid but don't be to hard on your self young people always do stupid **** liek that. hell i was playing with scissors and they sliced me straight to the bone. 6 stiches. wanna know why you didn't feel to much? you probably destroyd the nerves there.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well I'm not exactly young. in april I'll be 19. I guess I'm just trying to say that I should have known better.

try shooting a full 12ga shell with a .22 - a little more exciting if you can hit the primer at about 40 yds
oh yeah that sounds like great fun..maybe that time I'll actually loose an eye!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts