Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've been having nosebleeds basically daily for like 3 months, today i went to the doctor to see if this was a problem....

It is, i have to put this stuuf called 'Naseptin' up my nose 3 times a day for a week to kill off all the bacteria and "moisen the arterial lining". Then next wednesday i get two lumps of numbing cotton woll shoved up my nose so i can't feel the stuff that cauterised the arteries.

Apparently it's really common but i don't know anyone who'se had it. Strangly i know lots of popele ywho know poeple who've had it. Anyone here had it done? what's it like and will i be able to go to my german class afterwards?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
No but i know someone who has.....

Seriously tho ive never heard of it. Just follow the doctors orders and youll be fine.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
ive had it done twice when i was young. they never had me do any nasal spray or naything. all i did was go in for my appointment and they stuck some kind of rod i believe up my nose, it doesnt hurt at all, its just like a really annoying feeling that lasts for about a day.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
SAME thing happend to me...i got that treatment done like 2 weeks ago.....my nose would bleed randomly almost every day and my bro thought i was a coce adict

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Weird, I've never heard of that process being used for common nosebleeds, but I can kinda see how it would work out for that.

When I got a plantar wart on my foot last year (right around t he time of my Senior vs Staff basketball game, go figure) they used the liquid Co2 to cauterize it and kill off all the bacteria since your body's immune system can't kill them off (it's in a layer above your blood vessels so your body can't do anything).

So by your explanation, is it some kind of bacteria that's weakening the arterial lining? If that's the case, then I see why the process works...otherwise, I'm lost.

·
Jewstin
4,341 Posts
My dad had his pollups (sp) removed. Its normal for you to get scabs in your nose. And every I think 2 weeks he goes to the doctors to get the bacteria and whatnot removed. I know they gauzed his whole nose for it.

He said it hurt like a ***** too.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i'm sure medic will have more insight. but that stinks man. hate to have nosebleeds.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i've putting this cream on for a day or so now and it's not that bad. just feesl kinda funny, like my head is suddenly realyl clear. 'ceot the first time i apply the stuff i instantly had a nose bleed.

I hate my nose

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I had that done years ago. basically took what looked like a q-tip and swabbed it around in my nose, hurt like a mofo. but it worked, no nosebleeds for a while.
I don't remember having to put anything on it tho, just the q-tip from hell treatment and I was good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts