Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is one of those weird ass testing days at school. so in my 4th period calss(now) i had a friend of mine bake up a batch(or 2 or 3) of rumcakes. must say...i'm feeling pretty good right now...good stuff, could have used just a tad more rum tho, got a tad dry. lucky me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't say they did. my only statement is that i am lucky enough to have some, and on top of that in a class in which i have absolutely nothing to do. so i'm just sitting around enjoying rumcake.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Your first post made it sound like you thought they had alcohol in them.

Rum cakes and bourbon balls are very good, though. Hella-good compared to fruitcake. I hate that crap.

Anyone ever had forgotten cookies? Green mint cookies with chocolate chips?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rumcake did contain alchohol, don't get me wrong. just not enough to do jack, not to me at least(big guy). the rum was primarily for flavor.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
yesterday i saw two guys making out...that was the gayest thing ive seen until i came to this thread[/stolen]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amen oakland. as i said(but didn't go so far as dhill in explaining why) rumcake is make w/ rum. its just that the actual alchohol burns off leaving you with the flavor. i do however know someone who makes "rumcake" that does tend to be rather alchoholic... dunno how she does it, but what she makes is actually alchoholic....(that person and the one who made these are not the same needless to say).

·
u sed the magic word! YAY
485 Posts
In Jamiaca or the Cayman islands or somethin.... (was on a cruise) got some rumcake. Theres this one company dont know what its called (its got like a pirate ship or somethin on the cover, the box is octagon or hexagon shape) they got hella good flavors. Its like Chocolate, Chocolate mint, Double Chocolate(<-- KICK ASS), Key Lime, Vanilla, and a whole bunch of other flavored rum cake. uber good guys, trust me on this 1.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
absolutely any rumcake is the shiz. especially when you get such grat flavors goin on.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Key lime rum cake would be awesome. Go back on another cruise and ship some to me.

To make alcoholic rum cake, you spread a rum-based glaze over the cakes after they're finished baking. There's so little alcohol, it's not enough for even the smallest of skinny kids to get a buzz off of, but it's there.
For a very potent and nasty tasting version ("Rum cakes of DOOM!"), substitute Golden Grain (Everclear) for rum in the glaze, and use extra glaze!

Since I'm bored (and google is my friend), here's your basic rum cake:

CAKE
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup cold water
1 package yellow pudding cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup dark rum

GLAZE
1/4 pound butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup dark rum

You basically dump all the cake ingredients into a bowl and bake it at 325 for an hour. Pretty freakin' easy.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Me and two of my Buddies made a Black Forest Cake for our German teacher last year, we added the Rum after we cooked it. and we put ALOT on... I think the Rum was call Kirschwasser, It was delectable, Chocolate cake with vinilla icing, 3 layers, loads of Cherries between each layer, and loaded with Rum.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
sakurai said:
In Jamiaca or the Cayman islands or somethin.... (was on a cruise) got some rumcake. Theres this one company dont know what its called (its got like a pirate ship or somethin on the cover, the box is octagon or hexagon shape) they got hella good flavors. Its like Chocolate, Chocolate mint, Double Chocolate(<-- KICK ASS), Key Lime, Vanilla, and a whole bunch of other flavored rum cake. uber good guys, trust me on this 1.

i got some keylime ones in nasau, bahamas

they were amazing

·
Mr.Hankey
738 Posts
sakurai said:
i think i have been to the same place u are talkin about, ours was by a turtle place. rumcake owns

·
485 Posts
wackwar said:
i think i have been to the same place u are talkin about, ours was by a turtle place. rumcake owns

Thats the Cayman Islands, by the turtle farm right? Did u also go to the Stingray City? its crazy , stingrays like come so close to you, they rub on your legs, its soo sick, and u get 2 feed them squid and stuff. ANYWAYS.........

If you can get your hands on DOUBLE CHOCOLATE RUMCAKE you will be the happiest person alive.

·
485 Posts
Bad News Guys..........

I visited the company site that makes the rumcakes Tortugarumcakes.com , and it seems they stopped making the double chocolate, but they did add pineapple, banana, blue mountain coffee (best coffee from Jamaica) and coconut. They still got Chocolate and regular and Key lime.

^^^ D -Shiznit. thumup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts