Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a Spyder Fenix with very little upgrades. Everything is stock except for a shocktech superfly delrin bolt. It used to work fine until i was out in a big scenerio game and rain poured down on us so i had to run back but unfortunately the trigger had been wet. So now the button on the trigger frame does not always respond, it takes minutes to keep pushing the button to at least get it off of safety.

So here is my question:

Should I buy a new trigger frame, ( i was thinking about the rocking trigger frame, or w/e, please post on that ) or just head for a little upper class. I have been longing for a BKO with PDS for a while.

Post any info you would like, other guns than bko, info on the bko, the rocking trigger, what should i do?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
does the gun turn on and can u cycle though the modes easily? If so then ur board is fine. I'm guessing its the microswitch, u can buy a new one for like $5, and if u get a lighter one, say 50g, u will be a little faster.

Also, buy a new barrel for ur gun, it will actually do something, unlike taht bolt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can turn it on, i can not go through the mods easily. I have looked at the circuits and stuff before, and when i touch this one part of it, it changes mods. So i guess a new micro switch could work, but i have to be sure. Im not a huge money maker so i have to watch what i buy. Id like a more intermediate gun. I like the idea of upgrading my gun though

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
no it's not the microswitch. all that does is trip the silloniod.

You probabaly have a bad connection somewhere. if you anyobe who is an engineer they may be able to figure out where it is at and fix it for ya. Wouldn't cost hardly a thing but it woudl take some time. otherwise i think your board is gonna be like that forever..

·
Registered
33 Posts
i say u buy yourself a better gun , because why are you guna waste all that money on a gun your guna eventually out grow. . . i think its a waste buy yourself a impulse or a cocker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im not a money maker. I am 13 and all i can do is yard work and all of the low stuff >:O. But yeah i guess ill head for a new gun. If anyone else has any tips or other suggestion please post. Thanks guys.

P.S. I dont play much speedball.. i go to one field (really big, almost 2 football fields and we play in different sections) and we usually just play scenerio. So maybe i could get some scenerio gun.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
get rid of it and get a better gun...a spyder is always a spyder...i have a spyder fenix also...only upgrade is the barrel...and i want a new gun...i have no money to spend though so the only way i am getting rid of it until i buy a car is through a trade

ion, bko, b2k4 pds

·
Registered
35 Posts
my current gun is also a fenix, imo i think its a pretty good gun, all i have is a e-hopper, barrel and regulator and if you take good care of it it can serve you well. if i were you, i would get the trigger fixed and a new barrel and try that for a while, you'll be surprised how much of a difference a new barrel will make.

·
Registered
255 Posts
impfanatic said:
i would be an ion or 04 vert cocker...
I would suggest an Ion or a WGP 04 Cocker too. I've seen 2 different videos so far on the Ion and I'm impressed. I want to see it "live" though to get a better impression on it.

I have an 04 Cocker. It's a great gun for the price. I'd look into that too if I were you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah but thats a lot of maintenance, i might try what Enproceso said, but its a lot of money for a trigger frame. So maybe not. Wow uasoifjoweoij.. Im still loving the BKO.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yea I dont know about a Cocker yet, if so then do your homework and learn how to use it properly. If you dont have much $$$ and dont play really competitive games or tournies then hold off for a "high-end" marker later on and get a used one with HPA and a few upgrades when you save up a good amount of $$$.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i say get an ion those are frickin awesome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts