Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently play rather amateur paintball, nothing serious, get out when I can, usually once or twice a month. I'm using a spyder victor and dont have any major gripes about it other than I know its low end and am looking for something better. I know very little about guns, but I don't want anything electronic, I would like to stay mechanical. I currently have no upgrades on my gun and am using co2 (I know, sucks, Im getting HPA when I can, any recommendations?)I was wondering should I get a new gun? If so what kind, something good for amateur rec paintball. Or should I upgrade? If so what upgrades should I get? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
If you're staying mechanical semi-automatic, unless you're getting an Autococker or Automag you're not going to get a better marker.

Get a good barrel if you don't have one. If you have issues with your hopper, get a clamping feedneck. Anything beyond that isn't truly an upgrade, as they don't actually help performance ANYWHERE near enough to justify their cost.

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
What are your gripes with electro pneumatics? As far as mechs go, you'll be winding up with an auto cocker or something similar. My recommendations for air tanks, would be to check out your local shop and see what they have. Otherwise, ansgear.com usually has some good deals on tanks.

Honestly, if you don't have any problems with your marker, then keep using it!

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Don't be afraid of electros, most of them have eyes, which will prevents lots of chops, will have a smother trigger, more firing modes and be smoother. Many players don't like electros becasue they think that they are very delicate but they are actully very tough, including in the rain, there is no way your marker will get water in the electronics unless you sumerge it in a pool of water. And the battery will last long, I have only changed my TM-15's battery two or three times in the two years I've had it.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
i straight up hose my markers off at the end of the day. have never had an issue

$2 battery every once in a while and you have a very short and smooth trigger pull, usually multiple modes, much higher ROFs and typically eyes which prevent chops

D

·
0 Posts
Reliability in terms of weather-based impacts?
or
Reliability in terms of moving parts?

ETEKs are fairly problem free markers. Clean them off every day of play, maintenance the rammer every 2-4 cases, maintenance the internals every 10 or so cases, and maintenance the reg every 3-6 months.

That said - My Reflex Rail has had more up-time, fewer issues, and just seems to be a happier marker while played from June to present date. 45-105 degrees, in stock settings - this is a happy little marker.

I attribute it largely to fewer moving parts, and fewer linked mechanisms required to fire the marker.

Now..when I start hitting the 17-25 degree days, I'll let you know if it holds up to the weather side of things...in stock settings.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
I feel they're more reliable than spoolies. All the guys i play with bring poppit markers when it's cold out.
if you are lazy about maintenance i would agree.

oil + lube, have never had a problem with the dm6 since and i run a top hat mod to boot

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I until last year played every winter with spools as well, never had an issue. Even back when I was shooting DM4's and such never had a problem as long as you thin out the lube and maybe bump dwell a point or 2.

Of course, now winter is more of an abstract concept than a reality considering I live in the desert.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts