Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tippmann 98 custom ad have only played with it once. Im wondering if i upgraded it with things suck as a expansion kit,double trigger and a new barrel would i be able to keep up in games such as speedball or airball. Should i upgrade or should i just stick to woodball. At the moment being im probably not gonna be able to get a new gun.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
With the prices of new and used guns always changing (usually falling), I'd say play until you feel the need for something smaller lighter and faster. Then look into buying that.

To get even mid-end qualities out of a Tippmann you'll spend quite a bit of cash on it.

In the mean time though loaders, regulators, and tanks are generally good things to look at for buying since they can easily come off of one gun and go onto another.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another thing should i get the cyclone feed system for it or should i just get another hopper?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would i be destroyed if i played speed or airball with my tippy even if i have upgraded it? Will other poeple laugh?

·
Registered
136 Posts
stick with your tippy for a while and save up for your next gun. it would depend on how much skill you have and what guns people are using that you are playing against but you shouldnt get destroyed

·
12,110 Posts
Jman500 said:
another thing should i get the cyclone feed system for it or should i just get another hopper?
YOu cant put a cyclone on your 98c without some weilding.

Wiat and get a new gun later.

Put it this way. If you show up at my airball field with a 98c that has a huge drop, a sight, flatline, stock, and a responce trigger, and I need to make the teams even, I'm going to be prejudice and say to myself..

"okay, guy who spent $500 on a blowback.. I'll have to get a guy that looks experienced from the other team to even it out"

You will get laughed at if you have scopes and scenario kits etc on it.

Like today, some guy came in with a delta 68 and an A5 with a G36 kit with a scope. If I was doing staging, I'd make a comment to the field ref like" hey watch ou for the sniper" or "I guess he saw Sniper 2 a few too mant times".

I'm no better for spending so much in cosmetics for my mag either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yea 13.6 isnt worth it 98c's cant do that anyways i dont think ( sorry if im wrong)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
they can cycle somewhere around 30-40 times per second with 850 psi output, so basically as fast as you can pull the trigger...

if you want to shoot faster, buy a spyder imagine or something. you may even be interested in this. but i wouldnt move up much past a spyder imagine with upgrades unless you plan on playing tournaments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont plan on making my gun look like a milatary weapon, just add things that improve performance. I also mentioned to cfs because tippmann anounced it last month.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hey buddy wanna hit me up on aim or msn ill talk to about it all
pm me

·
Registered
221 Posts
Jman500 said:
would i be destroyed if i played speed or airball with my tippy even if i have upgraded it? Will other poeple laugh?
no... As long as you don't put a 21" barrel or scope on it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts