Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am either getting a 98 custom or custom pro. can you guys list some upgrades/ mods that would help performance. ie barrels, triggers, remote line, stock, sling, hopper. also tell me if i should get the 98 custom or custom pro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get either gun you want, if you want the pro get it, just know that you will be able to hop up a normal 98 custom better (more cash for more stuff). First thing you should get should be a new barrel, 8-14in, anything bigger would be ridiculous. Second, a R/T, Third a better hopper...ect. I could make this list be huge, the options are endless. good luck ;)

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok how is the flatline or a jand j ceramic, i probaly would get the resposne trigger, and i would pick up a halo tsa frontman or a revvy, or reloader so i dunno

·
Registered
533 Posts
Go with the J&J Ceramic, excellent for the price and it will shoot itself clean(ish)

I would go with an expansion chamber before a response trigger

·
Registered
129 Posts
personally, i would get

1. Flatline (if you can afford it), don't listen to all the myths and such about this barrel, its performance is outstanding and will serve you well..

2. Cyclone Feed, Revvy, Halo,- youll want a hopper that can handle faster firing.(i suggest the cyclone feed)

3. R/T, E-Grip, - speed! youll shoot faster, but youll need a better hopper to keep up.(get a double trigger with the R/T)

4. HPA- Shooting Air is much more consistant and better for your gun.

other stuff will help, but with these four things youll be just fine..

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alrite i cannot afford a flatline at this time but i mite get one in the near future. i will definatly get a fast hopper and a e trigger/ repsonse trigger, dont know about hpa yet.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
yea....id go with the j+j, RT, Double Trigger, on a 98 all you need is a revvy, and for the expansion chamber, buy the valve and chamber separate, its a better deal, then all you need is to get a hose fitted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
what kind of paintball do you play? woods, speedball- front, back player? for the money I'd get just the custom. you'll end up replacing the barrel,trigger,tank as you upgrade. my first upgrade would be a barrel which everyone will tell you. the J&J ceramic is a good barrel for the price. had one my self. up graded to a Lapco bigshot, wouldn't trade that barrel for anything. the next big upgrade that you really notice in accuracy is an HPA tank. I don't care if you buy a remote and an x-chamber. the HPA will work better. but if your field doesn't fill HPA then stick with co2. and i'd go with RT over e grip. you can just about buy a 4500 HPA tank with the money you save.

·
Registered
129 Posts
philhead1 said:
you can just about buy a 4500 HPA tank with the money you save.

where do you get your tanks for around $30? :sly:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
JDMkilla said:
personally, i would get

1. Flatline (if you can afford it), don't listen to all the myths and such about this barrel, its performance is outstanding and will serve you well..

2. Cyclone Feed, Revvy, Halo,- youll want a hopper that can handle faster firing.(i suggest the cyclone feed)

3. R/T, E-Grip, - speed! youll shoot faster, but youll need a better hopper to keep up.(get a double trigger with the R/T)

4. HPA- Shooting Air is much more consistant and better for your gun.

other stuff will help, but with these four things youll be just fine..
j&j ceramic if u dont want flatline. CLICKY PEN MOD makes a huge difference in the trigger pull.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts