Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Upgrades for the Grey Ghost

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Riddler236 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Well as you can see I'm new to this forum, but not new to paintball. I was not sure if this thread belongs here or in the Customizing Shop forum. Well back on topic, does anyone know of any upgrades for a grey ghost? Should I get them? I was thinking about buying a new barrel and trying to get a feed neck for it as well but I can't find anything on the web so maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Curt

#3 ·
It takes Spyder threaded barrels and I don't think you can get a new feedneck for them because it is attached to the body are you trying to add a hopper? The Grey Ghost doesn't have the huge after market support like Phantoms do and people buy them specifically to have a marker that isn't another Phantom.

#4 ·
Ahh I see. Thats kinda why I bought it, because for stock class it seem like all you see is phantoms. I did a little research and it was saying that they are a little better than phantoms. Alot fewer of them around too, kinda unique. I'm probably going to get a new barrel, and I'm debaiting on having it sent off to be anodized. The only thing thats holding me back from doing that is that it might make it look cheap and acually take away from the old school grey it comes in. And thoughts about that? But other than that, do you know if any of the phantom parts work on a grey ghost? Like the pump arm and a few other cosmetic details? Thanks.

Edit: Yes I was thinking about adding a hopper for the open class games.

Curt

#5 ·
Lapco was supposed to make bodies for open class but I don't believe they ever got around to it. I don't know if any of the parts are interchangeable I've seen quite a few Grey Ghosts around but they all look stock so I'd guess not. If you want to have it anodized I don't see anything wrong with it but then you wouldn't quite have a Grey Ghost anymore would you? :)

#6 ·
actually they have made a direct feed adaptor that bolts on to youre body as you probly have noticed that when you take off the feed tube there are two screw holes and the rubber gnob and the direct feed that they are now producing for the ghost included the gnob go check out the lapco fourm under the grey ghost section there is a few pic of it there

#7 ·
Quite right. Lapco finally got around to finishing and releasing a direct feed option for the new ghost.

Other than that, there really isn't much I'd "upgrade" on the gun. As it stands, its already a very smooth and efficient stock class marker.

As for barrels, anything spyder-threaded works, but it has to be 7/8" OD to fit under the pump handle. That generally means no 2-pc barrels. Some 1 pc barrels will need turned down on a lathe to fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.