Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Upgrading my PB experiance

883 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SHOOT3R USA 
#1 ·
So I currently on a Spyder (bought it because i just wanted to play around with pb) and found that I really enjoy paintball. So I was looking around at diffrent markers and finally came upon the ion so I was convinced that this was the best gun for my price range (wich is 250$), so when I went to the Smart Parts website I found a marker called a SP-1. I was looking at the video's for the SP-1 and suposably it can be drained in water and still shot (lol i dont know if I belive it) which is good for my woods ball games and that it has a tournament lock for my speed ball games and at only 150$ it seems to be a good deal. Which brings me here I want to know the Pro's the Con's and wich you guys reccomend.

P.S. Also I am not looking to upgrade just out of the box performance

:)Thanks:)

#3 ·
Gotta love how people just dog Smart Parts because it's Smart Parts. Why don't you elaborate on why you hate SP so much? There's nothing wrong with Smart Parts, nor is there anything wrong with Kingman and Tippman. It's all based on personal preference, price, name, type of marker etc etc. Just because you hate on SP doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't buy one. And yes, I own an EOS and there is nothing wrong with the marker. Now would I buy an Ion? No, and that's a whole other story. I wouldn't buy a PMR either because I know people that have tons of problems with them. But in the end, this is all just based off of my personal experience and is just MY OPINION. I really don't think you should go and tell someone not to get something without explaining why. If you have a legitimate reason for your statement, then more power to you.

Which brings me here I want to know the Pro's the Con's and wich you guys reccomend.
I have a friend that owns an SP-1. It's not a bad marker, but alot of people have told me that it's basically an Ion with RIS railing etc. Don't believe everything you read on here or any other website for that matter. I always tell people to just go to their local PB shop and find out what the techs think - atleast their opinions are based on technical experience. They would know alot more about which markers can take a beating, which markers brea down more often, which markers chop alot of paint etc etc.

#4 ·
we do, there's a whoel thread in the noobie section about it. Hopefully i'll end up making a thread about it, but it'll take hours of reading adn research to make it presentable, everything is scattered throughout the internet.

For now, just know that they stole an idea to start off, then continued to patent shady things along to way and make poor quality products to get where they are today.

#5 ·
First of all, to comment on the stolen idea part.

We worked with Pneu-Ventures to make the first shocker. It was OUR engineer who made it work. We split the patent with them 50/50. They decided to go on their own and try to make the gun themselves, and then ran into problems. We offered to help them out which they declined. They basically ended up going out of business and we were forced to purchase their half of the patent. If we did not, then we would not have been able to uphold the patent, and I would have made it null and void. I used to be a Smart Parts hater myself. If there are any problems that you may with Smart Parts, please post so I am able to provide you with correct information. The biggest problem with the SP Haters is misinformation.

#6 ·
I am sorry, but SP has screwed me more than once. I shipped my ion to them for broken wiring, It was new and I also was the first owner, the gun also was never shot. I shipped it to them Last March and it came back in June with the same problem as I shipped it. I called them about it and they told me, that is was user error which caused this problem. I bought the gun brand spankin new at my local shop. I am ended up selling it on the nation for half I paid for it. Since my local shop couldn't help me with it.

The lawsuits are also out of hand, and don't tell me SP has never sued anyone.

#8 ·
I'm going to move this to a separate thread in the "paintball chat" section. I hope you don't mind sean.
Not at all :)

I am sorry, but SP has screwed me more than once. I shipped my ion to them for broken wiring, It was new and I also was the first owner, the gun also was never shot. I shipped it to them Last March and it came back in June with the same problem as I shipped it. I called them about it and they told me, that is was user error which caused this problem. I bought the gun brand spankin new at my local shop. I am ended up selling it on the nation for half I paid for it. Since my local shop couldn't help me with it.

The lawsuits are also out of hand, and don't tell me SP has never sued anyone.
I apologize that you had a problem with our product. We have a very good online presence now and we have been listening to the customers and changing things more so over this past year then ever. If you ever have a problem with Smart Parts, feel free to call, email, or PM me anytime. Our turn around times right now are even 1-3 days. We have also been working on our customer service as well. Of course companies make mistakes, and don't get me wrong, they do happen. We are trying to fix our past issues as much as possible. As far as lawsuits go, we have not been involved in one in about 3 years. The last one was when WDP came after Smart Parts and we won on all counts except 1, which was due to the data link. That was over turned later on and so we won on all counts.

Sean Scott
Smart Parts
Sales Representative and Scenario Coordinator
1-800-992-2147 ext 4648
sscott@smartparts.com

#10 ·
I really do not rememeber to be honest. I just remember the data link thing because we had to epoxy the plug ins on our boards for re-flashing. WDP put out a big press release on how they won against us, and then when it was overturned, and we did not do a big press release. The problem with the "lawsuits" per se is that we really have never spoken about them in public, so people have assumed what really happened. Stephen Colbert coined the phrase "wiki-ality" based on wikipedia. If enough people says it is true, therefore, it must be true. And that is one of the major problems that we have caused by not speaking public about what actually happened.

#12 ·
I guess I should post about the actual question at hand as well. I am captain of the Smart Corps. We have won the SPPL 2 years in a row now. This past one, Billy made us all shoot the SP1. I was a little worried about it... since it was not even out yet and I am used to my guns. I did not want to have to shoot something else that I am not used. Anyways... we all played with them. No ball break, no guns went down. They shot flawless and was very very accurate with the freak system I used. I can play with any Smart Parts gun and I own them all... I will be shooting an SP1 all year this year. Low maintenance, easy to grease due to the bob, looks cool, does not break paint, true electro-pneumatic so there is only 1 moving part, accurate, now has select fire mode, clamping feed neck, virtually indestructuable glass fiber filled nylon body and frame, and CO2 and HPA compatable... what more can you ask for???

As far as the videos go, there are more new ones going up today that show even more indpeth about the Vibe and SP1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.