Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i was really getting into paintball like 6-8 months ago... actually it was last august.. however long ago that was. ANYWAYS i bought a nice shiny new Red Ego right when they first came out.

My biggest question is just this. What kind of upgraids are availiable and do i really need to do alot of upgraiding to bring them up to 06 standards.

Second i remember playing and there seemed to be a little kick and actually i was getting alot of bounce. Maybe i need to change some settings or maybe a new bolt? not sure really. I just remember playing with it and how fast and light it was.

Also my other gear is a Halo and i dunno if i should upgraid that, maybe just the board to make it faster, whatever the "hottest" board is out. And my air tanks like 3 or 4 years old... do i need to get it hydro tested or wutever thats called to see if it is still good.

Well thanks for the replies ill be around.

O

·
0 Posts
You don't need to many upgrades to bring them up to "06 Standard" infact it doesn't even matter.

·
Registered
923 Posts
no....the gun rolls man, just tweak your settings and get a 06 frame if you want a bigger "finger" area....and a tadao board if you want it to SCREAM paint...but really you dont need anything, learn your gun so you get good consistancy over the chrono, and its not a gas hog, and your ready to rock.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i would get an 06 STAR Frame, they are bad.
Also, if you bolt is the older one with o-rings i would upgrade it so you don thave to lube it and stuff...see if somone will sell you their newer 05 bolt w/o o-rings, if not get a Nexus Bolt. they are nice.
Other than that your good.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The only really necessary upgrade you ought to put on your Ego is a barrel system like the Redz Peppersticks. You don´t need anything else, apart from some knowledge on how to modify your settings and trigger-setup in order to keep it from bouncing. Even the oldest model of the stock bolt (the one with o-rings) is no problem to play with, if you put a drop of oil or two on the o-rings before you start playing.
If you´re a friend of switches, you might like to try a t-board or a tadao board, as those come with switches instead of a photoelectric sensor to actuate the shots.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i liked the way the 1.06 board shot ( no switch ) and i got a Un1 that had a switch ( ordered the wrong one ) and now its taking some getting used to....but yea if you dont want to spend 200+ on the 2006 star frame get the 05 for aroudn 100 and put a new board in it ( i suggest the un1 chip with hater board but thats just me :D)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts