Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So firstly, i will admit that i am new to paintballing, so it is quite possible that this is a silly question.

So: Background: I have recently ordered in a US Army Carver One Sniper Rifle from choicepaintballs.com. I then bought a filled Co2 cannister from canadian tire. Now, the instructions say that all i have to do is screw in the Co2 cannister, load and attach the hopper, and the gun should fire.

I have tried that, and nothing happens. I have increased the pressure of the shot, but it still does not fire.

I do not think the Co2 is actually going through the gun: i never hear any gas going into the thing.

Is there a quick easy solution? I know my cannister is full, so it cannot be that. Is there a saftey blockage or something in the gun that needs to be removed first? Something special to the Carver one that needs to be done before i can use it?

Any answer would be vastly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, should've mentioned that. Yes, i knew to pull back the bolt. I can pull the trigger, and it clicks. The paintball will slide out of the barrel if i tilt it down, but it doesn't actually shoot the paintball.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actully, as it turns out, that was the probelm. Sales guy told me it WAS filled, but when i tried a friends that was ACTUALLY filled i learned the one i bought was NOT.

New Question. US Army Carver One: a Sniper paintball gun, with a Red-dot scope. Any quick tips for long-range accuracy?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The quick and dirty accuaracy tip is that paintballs are never accurate so get as close as possible to your target. Any chance you have on the field to move up you should move up. Sometimes you can get a really long range elimination but it either takes a lot of luck or a lot of paint scopes and rails and long barrels don't have a thing to do with it.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
actully, as it turns out, that was the probelm. Sales guy told me it WAS filled, but when i tried a friends that was ACTUALLY filled i learned the one i bought was NOT.

New Question. US Army Carver One: a Sniper paintball gun, with a Red-dot scope. Any quick tips for long-range accuracy?
only way to get more range is to use first strike rounds which are around $1-$2 each depending on where you get them and even then with your marker you will have to breach load them 1 at a time (as in, unscrew the barrel, load one into the barrel, screw it back on, fire, repeat) with normal paintballs though doesnt matter if you have an 8" barrel or a 80" barrel, from the tip of the barrel you have the same range as anyone else on the field who is also using paintballs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks, all. I still try to stay back (at least for now, until i get better at the game). The slow rate of fire+my terrible reaction-accuracy made me lose more than not.

New question: back when i was trying to get it to work, i had twiddled with the pressure to see if that was the issue. Right now, i the pressure in my gun is higher than the default. I think that even makes it shoot further! In any event, are there any rules/regulations regarding pressure manipulation?

I mean, since i am using a sniper, i will be endevoring to shoot my opponents from as far away as possible. (red dot gives me a point of reference, and i figure out where the paintball lands in relation to that point, helps with hitting longer-range. am now reasonably good at long-range accuracy.) At close range, however, a more powerful shot will also hurt more. Is that an issue?

First Strike rounds. How do they work? Would i have to unscrew the barrel, or could i detach the hopper and just slide in one round at a time? Would they be a worthy investment?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Higher pressure does make it shoot further and fields do have a velocity limit and the universal industry max is 300fps with some fields being lower. First Strikes work because they are actually bullet shaped. They do shoot a bit further but as someone that has used them the biggest benefit is that they shoot straight and not in an arc like paintballs do. The drawback is that you need a Tiberius marker and they are mag fed or you have to manually load them in a barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a quick and easy way to figure out what the fps of my gun is at the mo', with the higher pressure?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya basically even if you build a "sniper" marker, you will still have the same range as everyone else on the field because everyone is shooting the same velocity

you could try loading the first strikes in through the feed of the 98 with the hopper moved to the side but because of their shape i kinda doubt it will work.

another issue is even if it does work, that means you need to chrono your marker with those in mind, so lets say you have to take 4 shots over the chrono just to get it dialed in, thats $4 minimum you just spent and when out on the field if you also want to shoot normal paintballs you will probably be shooting those at a lower speed because they will not seal as well in the barrel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts