Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I plug in my PSP this message comes up:

Now I know I have USB 2.0 ports because I built the computer myself and I know what motherboard is in it. With that being said, the USB ports have the USB 2.0 stickers all over them.

No my problem is, I have tried everything to get it to work. I installed all the drivers that came on the motherboard CD, I have updated my Windows XP Pro with everything, including SP2, and nothing seams to work.

Do any of you guys know what is wrong with this piece? Because transferring music/videos/ect. over to this thing is starting to get tedious with the slow transfer rate.

Any help is appreciated.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah I don't think so, I run Norton Antivirus 2005 every week and it never picks up on anything.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i had the same exact thing happen to me when i reformatted my drive last month. try doing a windows update, because it seemed to have gone away after redownloaded all my updates

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
same here (about the antivirus), e-five. It'll work if u take ur comp apart and put a magnet on the motherboard lol jk.

So it doesn't work at all? that little alert thing just says it'll work faster...queer.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it works, it just runs at USB 1.0 speed, so its slow as hell. And NYY, I have updated everything in windows that I can.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Humor me on this one: Maybe try plugging it into alternate USB ports? On my comp, for some strange reason there is USB 1.0 in the front and USB 2.0 in the back.

If that's not the case, you might try looking for new USB drivers for your motherboard. You can usually get them from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PizzaMiLiTiA said:
Humor me on this one: Maybe try plugging it into alternate USB ports? On my comp, for some strange reason there is USB 1.0 in the front and USB 2.0 in the back.

If that's not the case, you might try looking for new USB drivers for your motherboard. You can usually get them from the motherboard manufacturer's site.
I have tried all of the plugs and cant find gigabyte's website

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Alpha said:
Are you sure the device plugged in is a USB 2.0 capable device, and the computers not just getting a 1 mixed up with a 0?
I am pretty sure PSP's are USB 2.0 complaint aren’t they?

EDIT: I installed a new driver that fixed the problem, thanks for all the help anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts