Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
holy geez!! this game is ****ing p i m p. got it a few days ago and i haven't stopped playing it since. i have been a long time ut (unreal tournament) fan, and this game is the best yet. beutiful graphics, great gameplay, pretty good soundtrack as well. god i love this game

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i dled the demo and wasnt too impressed, alll you do is run around and shoot people. Its basically a graphically-advanced version of tribes

·
Registered
21 Posts
UT2004 is so sweet. The sexy voice option is nice, too :) . I played one map (Face Classic) for 3 hours straight, didn't stop once, and got the announcer to say "HOLY S**T!!" 11 times in a row, which is a huge amount of kills in a short amount of time. By the end of my session, I had about 1700 kills. I took a screenshot at 1337 kills, though, lol.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
god i love this game. even though i'm not super awesome at it (yet), it's still a blast playin it. gtg play some more

·
Banned
259 Posts
I love the game. But unfortunatly I suck at it and I dont seem to be getting any better.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
you get used to the fast paced game. Really. Now every other game is sooooo slow to me. Thats why i don't like halo anymore. It is tooooooo slow. I like games where there is like a kill every 2 seconds. In Call of Duty when there are 30+ players it's sweet like that. Ya u'll get used to it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Instagib is good i love playing online with the Onslaught mode, the vehicles are the greatest part of the game especially when ur playin with a bunch of ur friends and one guy is driving and the other guy is shooting the cannon off the back

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
i dont liek the unreal series to much...it tries to be a killem deathmatch game...but it seems to slow paced...i dunno i thought quake 3 did alot better job of it...it had the right speed of play.

I think UT is ok...i played it for a lil but never got that into it.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I dled the demo and I must say, the environmental effects are quite impressive. I was really happy to see that they included vehicles ala Tribes2 but then again it gets kinda old after a while. I'll admit, though- I'm quite fond of the Scorpion's twin extendable blades and the Manta. I ride them and go killing people just so I can hear "PANCAKE!","VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER!", "HIT AND RUN!", "CARJACK!", "WICKED SICK!", "DAREDEVIL!" and the others. I love it, especially in the Hellbender as I play Ludacris- Move, B**ch. Perfectly fitting.

The game is pretty thirsty in terms of memory....I'm running 1024 MB SD-RAM with a GeForce 2 MX4000 and I still have to turn down details and other game options just to get it playable. And even then my FPS is like...5.

Good game, but I like classic UT more than this. You just can't beat it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also ill add the adrenaline combos are really sweet turning invisible, going berserk, being 1/4 of the size of a regular character, etc

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I LOVE AND HATE THIS GAME!!!! I bought it, i had minimum system requirements (512 ram, 2.4ghz P4, 64 mb graphics.) It ran fairly smooth as long as i didn't run anything else or hit the windows key (yea that would suck, 3 whole minutes before i saw the game again)

Onslaught is freaking awesome. OVerall great game, really fast and fun. Took me a little to get some passable skill.

Sadly my ut2k4 developed a bug and won't play anymore. I uninstalled and tried again but alas.....nothing. It sent off a report to EPIC but so far nothing...

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A FIX FOR THIS?? HOW ABOUT A RECENT PATCH!! I'D LOVE TO PLAY UT2K4 AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
darkdragun05 said:
it is a good computer its a pentium 4 2.80 ghz HT has a Nvidia g-force fx video card and it memory 512 mb
it is untill you get to the memory 512 is good but it sounds like this game just DEMANDS memory which i think it does cause it a UT game try going with a gig of RAM

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
it is a good computer its a pentium 4 2.80 ghz HT has a Nvidia g-force fx video card and it memory 512 mb
ur computer is not a top of the line computer so u cant run it on the highest settings..tone down the settings and it shoudl work.

and wat type of graphics card do u have...spicificly...there are more then one gefroce FX cards out there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts