Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive gone throgu 3 opencils and its still not coming up. It moves a little when you first push it and it doesnt move anymore. I tried hammering a pencil to the valve but it didnt work. Im thinking maybe its getting stuck on that little lump or hole wahtever it is that is in front of it?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
lets make sure that you took out all retaining peices. take out the screw? take out the pin? if so, when in doubt use lube and a bigger hammer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the asa is off including the pin and all that. actualyl the valve is the only think on my body right now. lol now it was even go abck into place. God my gun has really been giving my some ish for the past 2 weeks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems like theres a little hump in font of it blocking it from coming out...wtf... which way is it suppose to come out?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess it doesnt want to come out..ive been trying to push it out through the front

·
Registered
882 Posts
From the back to the front? When I say back, I mean from way back by the striker bolt...and when I say front, I mean out where the ASA plugs in...
What I did, was take a long screwdriver and stick it in, and take a hammer and start pounding it out...thats what I did to my Compact when my bro put the striker buffer in front of the striker bolt...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know if thats a good idea. Sounds like i would mess the valve up with the screw driver hitting it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ Yea I downloaded the video that states that...I really wanted to get it out myself but i may just go to the paintball store.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok I will put some gun oril in the bottom tube hopefully it will get in around the valve and loosen it up then I will try again to take it out...sounds good...

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
i was just about to ask that......you have to take off the trigger frame, and underneath it there's a little gold screw which is a set screw for the valve. it must be removed for the valve to come out.

anyways...after you get it out and check out your valve...when you put it back, dont tighten it as hard as you can. only make it a little snug (overtightening it will cause problems).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive already taken off the screw, I knew about it but the valve doesnt want to come out!

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
im at a loss....maybe you can get a small peice of rubber or leather or something else tough, but not metal. drop it in the tube (for cushioning) and get a metal rod/screwdriver or something harder than a pencil ...and beat it out with a hammer.

i dont know what else to tell you.

also, you cant hold me personally responsible for damages to your marker....after all, im just giving advice, you dont have to do it.....

maybe a trip to the proshop is in order (at least if they break it, they will fix it)

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
On My rebel there is a metal Rod that is behine the valve that sticks out of the gun a little bit on the side. To keep it from coming out the breech of the gun, it might be the same for you.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
onesikpup said:
(at least if they break it, they will fix it)
oxymoron, lol :devil:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would this rod or whatever in the body have anything to do with the valve?

Oh yes, and do notice that completely stripped and crooked screw I have now..I guess I could go to home dpot with it and try and get a repalce ment...hmmmm

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
Yes! that pin is exactly what is holding it in either get a long thin screwdriver and push it out from the back to front, Or push that pin out and push the valve out the back.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts