Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 98 Custom off of e-Bay today, and I am trying to install the Cyclone Feeding System which I have had for a couple days. In the directions it said to take the gun apart, and I am on the step of removing the stock valve to replace it with the Cyclone one. I got one of the screws out just fine, but the other one, the one closest to the back of the gun, is completely stuck. I have already stripped 2 Alen wrenches trying to get it out, had a friend hold it down while I pulled as hard as I could on it, and I ended up bending the wrench. Has anyone ever had this problem before? How can I get the screw out without breaking the gun?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Drill it out and when you put the gun back together, tighten the other screws to compensate for the missing screw and figure out where a local machine shop is located. They can fix it for you and it will be pretty cheap.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you have already striped the head, could you tap in a larger allen?

Because these are round heads, you really don't have anything to grab onto (like vise-grips).
If you have access to a drill, you might be able to carefully drill out the head of the bolt.
or
If you have access to a dremel, maybe you could cut a slot into the head for a screwdriver?

You will be installing a replacement power-tube, but I believe you will be re-using the valve.
Whatever is left of that bolt, will have to come out when you re-install...good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got it out. I tapped it loose by puting one of the alen wrenches in the whole and hitting the top of it with a hammer, forced the wrench into it, and pulled hard as I could. It came out and I saw that it had red glue in there, which is by what I am told, meant that it was never supposed to come out. Well, I put it all back together with the new hopper installed and it seems to work just fine. Hopefully no issues come up about that later when I am on the field.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts