Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fans of the lord of shread guitar? I'm listening to Hot for Teacher as i type this, good song!..discuss

·
Registered
912 Posts
VAN HALEN IS AWESOME!!! he is pwns

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Ah but was he really? What about Dave Murray and Adrian Smith? They were guitarists for Iron Maiden, whom in my opinion, were ten times the guitarist EVH was. What about Kai Hansen? He is an AMAZING guitarist, and again, in my opinion, better than EVH. Also, you cannot forget Dimebag Darrel.

Again, this is just my opinion :]

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Sadly I know not of any of those folks... Iron maiden was cool, but I wasn't too metal in my youth. I was more the top 40 kind of listener I am ashamed to say. Steve Miller, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton -- they were my other hero's of the day.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Ah, see then, our tastes differ. I agree, EVH was a GOD for his genre, but really didn't hold a candle to the metal guitarists of the time. I give you this, he's a crapload more talented than I'll ever be.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Van Halen is tight. If we're comparing him to other guitarists, he's good, but not one of the greats. Overall, I gotta give it to Santana, Hendrix, Clapton, and a few others. I don't doubt any other guitarist, but those are the dudes I dig the most.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
EVH was a GOD for his genre

i agree definatly. van halen is definatly one of my favorite bands. and in the world of rock and roll there is nobody better imo. he is just an all around versatle guitar player. and for ppl who say he cant shred listen to "Spanish fly"

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
While Van Halen was awesome, there are better guitar players. The 60's to late 80's early 90's had some GREAT guitar players. Some of them played Rock (Van Halen, Slash) some of them played other stuff (Clapton, Santana), but all of them are great in their own right.

Eddie could do some things better than Santana, Santana can do some things better than Eddie, but both were great guitar players who should never be forgotten.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm playing Aint Talkin Bout Love on gitar right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts