Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey i have a spyder e99 and there is a wheel on the back to chnge velocity. I was turning it and stuff and it was way off... so my friend thats been playin like 4 years re tuned it for me. But now its starting to get off track again and balls are curving and stuff. And my friend isnt around. how do i know where its set right i wanna know how to put it on the right fps. ( dont wanna hurt my friends :D..... or do i....)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
question is this, when the balls are curving like mad are they going really really fast, or are they going slow? my rule of thumb for general use is just to use some common sense! you can tell where it is if you watch the balls.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If you don't have access to one (although you should since any field will have it), if you take a friend's gun that is shooting right have him and you fire at the smae time side by side and compare the speed and adjust until it is equal. Now if you are just playing amongst a group of friends in the woods and have no access to a field that has a chrono, you should all chip in for a little chrono, which are pretty cheap, so you can play safely.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Yea, I mean once you get familiar with your gun and have been playing a while you can tell where your balls are most likely going to go. Then if they don't go there you know you gotta chrono. Most of the time you can eyeball it and its pretty distinct if its going at 300, but its all about you and how familiar you are with your gun and how it shoots.

TL;DR- Be safe, use a chrono.

(also if you don't have chrono tell your parents about the safety hazards of not having one, because shooting hot can mean broken fingers, cracked mask lenses, lost eyes, and they'll be more than likely to chip in for one.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts