Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I know I could do the barrel thing but I have always liked things to be done as easy as possible with the same results. Call me lazy or whatever, just how I operate.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
The barrel thing? It isn't harder. Take the velocity adjuster, stick it down the barrel, and turn counter clockwise. Bam.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
splatwithhonor3 said:
Easiset way is to set up your phantom with a regulator. THen you just tune your springs/bolt to shoot around 320 and reg it down. Makes making small adjustments MUCH easier.
This is how I always used the phantom when not playing stock class....well sometimes with stock class too. It is easier when playing in tournement style or in a situation where you need to keep your speed in check in an environment that changes.

When you are dealing with just changing spring pressure you can see a darastic change after a handfull of shots. By using a madmax spring kit or having good springs mixed with a decent regulator you make it so that you can use the desired spring while not having to adjust the springs over and over...this also makes it so you can fine tune to hold at exactly 280 or 300 depending on how you play.

We have to remember that accuracy with a round ball is not the same as a bullet or missle. So what you need to do is make it so that you are consistantly shooting the same variables. So if your balls are warped then you loose accuracy. So what you need to do is try to cut as many variables. One of those is gas pressure thats why I used a regulator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts