Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sidekick 2 crapped out on me and im looking for something new.
my mom has verizon and said i could be added for $9.99. I txt like a mofo so id have to get 2500 and unlimited in, thats $20. So thats like $30 added to her service? Should I keep T-Mo or get verizon? Most of the people I txt/talk to have verizon anyway.

Opinions ASAP!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
i'd say verizon, better service but drops calls a lil bit more

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also id send in my old sidekick 2 with the $100 deductible, get a brand new one, and turn around and sell it.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mom has that phone, I don't like it much. Does the Navigator cost extra? How much?

I'm looking at the Motorola V325 for now.

How easy is it to upgrade phones, say if I got one off eBay?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have the V3m. I really like it. The only problem that I have with it is that it is terribly difficult to see the screen outside, but it's still manageable.

A lot of people say that it is fragile, but I have dropped mine a million times(even slammed it in a car door once) and it still works fine. If you don't believe me I can get pics...its pretty scratched up and there is a huge dent on the battery door from the car door :(.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i also have a razr V3m. great phone. never scratches unless u treat it like total crap. it is kind of difficult with light out to see it but that can be fixed by cupping your hand. Mine has cingular and has yet to have a dropped call over the course of nearly 8 months. cingular FTW even if they have a bad selection of phones, the provider is the best. My friend has a verizon razr and anoth has a t-mobile razr. when we 3 go out to lunch, the t-mobile razr guy gets reception about 1/2 the time. the verizon guys gets it 80% of the time. I have yet to not get reception around town.
TL;DR: great phone/provider

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

You can kinda see the dent in the battery door. I was really surprised that it worked after that happened. I have a few pairs of pants that don't have secure pockets, so when I go to sit down the phone falls out a lot. I am in the process of fixing this so that it doesn't get any worse than it already is...

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice, well maybe not, but thanks for the pics lol. ive heard bad things on the durability of razrs so I was curious.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeh, everything I had read about them said that they were not durable, so I almost didn't get it. I decided to go for it and pay 5 bucks a month for insurance in case anything happens. I seriously drop it at least once a day(I REALLY need to fix those pants :p) and it still works fine. It is a little bit damaged cosmetically as you can tell, but I got over that real quick.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
verizon or cingular are prolly ur best choice imo....t-mobile almost never gets reception anywere. verizon has a better selection of phones than cingular tho.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Even though I'm a Cingular man myself, out of those two I'd easily say Verizon. Verizon has pretty good service and I would definately pick up a Moto Q if I had Verizon. I'm getting a new phone in like 11 days, I'll give you a review of it. I think I'm gonna go for the Cingular 8125 which is probably one of Cingular's best phones out right now.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The GPS thing that Cingular sells goes for $99.99 but its only compatible with the Treo 650, Cingular 8125, Motorola SLVR L7, and Motorola RAZR V3i. Then I believe theres a monthly fee of between $5-$10.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts