Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got a used vibe today in the mail, bought it off ebay. looks and feels great. its so lightweight and compact!

couple of questions on the new marker:

i intentionally tried to set off the release valve using un-siphoned co2 by pointing it down and firing in full auto. after i got firing the bolt and barrel got really cold and condensation appeared on them and i could see clouds of c02 coming from the trigger area and out of the feedneck with each firing cycle. when i held the marker level and pulled the trigger there was no more co2 cloud coming from the trigger area. point it back down it repeats the same symptoms. during the whole time i did not hear any hissing coming from the regulator except for one time when i tapped it with my finger, it made a weak hissing noise for about a second. it still kept cycling happily during and after this test.

1. is it normal for barrels and bolts to get cold and have condensation on them when firing in full auto? i've only shot blowbacks until now.

2. is the pressure release when using co2 loud or kinda quiet?

3. most importantly did i break anything or was anything broken before i got it?

i tried searching but couldn't find anything similar to this. thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sweet, glad to know my new-ish marker isn't broken. thanks for the help AZN.

one more question: what would happen if the regulator was broken and liquid co2 got into the marker's internals?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Well, in the unblikely scenario that your reg breaks and liquid CO2 gets into your internals, it can range from mild to severe

Mild:
You shoot hot

Mid:
Internal hoses pop off of barbs and fittings

Severe:
Pressure spikes so high that it destroys your solenoid and you will need to buy a new one

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha. so in short, i'd really know it if there were major problems. thanks again for the help AZN.

Happy Labor Day everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts