Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I clean and take normal aftermath of shooting care to it? I clean the outside of paint, barrel, and everything else on outside. Do I need to open it up or anything?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like yesterday was first time I used it, and the front grip was so cold, and it had like water running down, it wasn't hot, probably 50-60, and It was so wet from c02 is this normal or do I have a leak?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
normal, as co2 expands in the tank it gets cold then as it expands again going through the reg it gets cold (expanding gasses get cold, its an exothermic reaction) and water in the air is clinging to the cold surface of the reg

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Lube after every 10 cases on an Ion platform?
I think not good sir!

Since the Ion is a high low end or low midend unbalanced spool valve marker, I would lube after every case or so

After a full day of shooting my EOS, my lube is toast, and keeping your orings nice and lubed, especially in spool valve guns, keeps them running more reliably and longer lasting

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
alright on my 6 i do it about every 5 and it seems excessive, the lube is still in there from the last time, and thats a balanced spool (more o rings) if you have a large enoufgh pack you can bring a case out on the field with you, i think after every case is very excessive

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
And that's just it!
The balanced design of your DM6 is much better on lube then the unbalanced design of the ion, just because it doesn't have 120+ psi working the bolt

In any case, Trbo suggests a good idea, shoot it yourself and see what works for you

And just an FYI
After lubing my bolt propperly (lube only in the oting grooves, nothing globby) and shooting a case, I would say that 90% of my lube is gone, so thus, I lube after every day of play

1 - 7 of 7 Posts