Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a night stick lately and I noticed when I was dry firing it in my back yard it was coming undone from the vibrations should I lube the o-ring on the barrel to stop it from unthreading or what should I do

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Oiling it may help, if that doesn't just try replacing the o-ring. If that doesn't help, you could try adding another o-ring(2 total) or just screwing it on tighter.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I find a bit of teflon tape on the barrel threads works too and is easier to remove than loctite. I also find that barrels coming loose are almost always 'cocker threaded. Thank god that they are just about industry standard now. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
My personal theory is because:

A. The Micromag adopted it. Which, at the time, was the top of the best Mags, which was the other "big gun" that opposed the cocker.
B. Dye and Planet Eclipse were two of the major PL's that made cockers. Since they already had cocker threaded barrels, they kept the cocker threading when they started producting their own markers.
C. Smart Parts shady tactics turned many against them, thus causing people to go with upstarts Dye or PE instead of Smart Parts.
D. Smart Parts shady tactics caused the death of many of the other companies that could have potentially become an industry standard.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
My personal theory is because:

A. The Micromag adopted it. Which, at the time, was the top of the best Mags, which was the other "big gun" that opposed the cocker.
B. Dye and Planet Eclipse were two of the major PL's that made cockers. Since they already had cocker threaded barrels, they kept the cocker threading when they started producting their own markers.
C. Smart Parts shady tactics turned many against them, thus causing people to go with upstarts Dye or PE instead of Smart Parts.
D. Smart Parts shady tactics caused the death of many of the other companies that could have potentially become an industry standard.
Bob long used cocker threads, intimidators were the top dog in electros in 02-04. When Dye and PE finally got around to making their own guns instead of cockers (just like what Bob Long did) they used cocker threads as well.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Bob long used cocker threads, intimidators were the top dog in electros in 02-04. When Dye and PE finally got around to making their own guns instead of cockers (just like what Bob Long did) they used cocker threads as well.
Damn, can't believe I forgot Bobby...and I even HAD a Bobby cocker back in the day...

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
my big question is do they have to be so long? i mean like it takes a good 5-7 complete turns of most barrels to thread them on or off, why can we not keep the same threading but with a shorter threaded length so it is only around 2-3 complete turns to get a barrel on or off?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
??????

You're not familiar with the AGD twistlock? I'm not shocked you don't know about the slip fit (although didn't you like Stingray II's? I want to say it was you, those had a slip fit), it was never really as popular as AGD's...but the twistlock was HUGE...years ago.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts