Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking to get a video camera.. i want to make some short films and just **** around with stuff..

so i figure a digital is best.. so i can put it on my comp and dink around..

obviously i cant spend a fortune.. but yeah.. i dunno. im a newb at this ****..

any help or suggestions for what to look for

·
Registered
181 Posts
my friedn is quite into making his own movies (see www.diabolofosho.co.uk), he uses a Mustek DV 5000 for his. it's small concealable, and the quality's prettygood. all the work on the site was done with that camera. have look.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
your lucky im in video productions. First off I need a budget. How much ya willing to spend?

Also some things to considere are how many ccd's the camera has. 1 or 3. What this means is that when a camera recieves light from a object it is converted to digitsl image with ccd's. Now with cheaper cameras they have 1 ccd which is divided in 3 parts. One for red, greem and blue. The picture comes out grainy, not sharp and fairly poorer quality. Now with a 3 ccd camera you got one for each coclor spectrum so the image is ridiculously awsome. On Ebay you can get a 3 ccd camera for 500-600.

And no matter what a 3 ccd camera will have a far superior picture to a one ccd camera no matter what other variables exist.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
oh i learned this in science, get one wiht an optical zoom, not digital. all that digital does it blows up some of the pixles so that it looks closer. optical actually zooms in like a weak telescope.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha i should.. get sme footage of me at shows and parties and just being an idiot places.. interesting

and yeah im looking for one with a high optical zoom.. but i dont want one thatll go all grainy and ****.. i hate when taped stuff looks like that

·
Registered
785 Posts
i'm going to recommend the Canon ZR 80.

Canon Cameras are the best imo. I have a Powershot G series digi cam and i love it, picture is un beatable. That ZR80 has VERY high Optical zoom and it has Canon's Digital Processing, DIGI!C Chip. They also are the only ones to have MECHANICAL Shot steady. All others have Digital Shot steady, it is patented by Canon.

So.. Get something CANON. The Optura Line of Camcorders are smaller and quite a bit better (but more).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
icic hmmm

well.. might have to wait till i have more funds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts