Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the 128MB PCI Express™ x16 ATI Radeon™ X300 SE a good card for gaming? how does it compare to the 128 mb 9800 pro? or should i get the 9800 pro 256mb cause its on sale for $350

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
NO! Anything SE or non Pro/XT is terrible and should not be purchased. If I were you, I'd just get a 9800Pro, it's gonna be so so so much better in the long run than the x300SE. And plus, that's a PCI-Express card, slower than AGP. Just stick with the 9800pro man, it's better.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i thought i remembered reading something that the se's were crap. what about the 128 vs. 256?

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Well, in games like Doom3 with huge graphical requirements, 256 would actually help. It's got more memory, so it can handle more stuff going on at one time. But really, it doesn't help THAT much, unless you want to run at higher game settings, then it really helps.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so its worth getting the 256 if its only $50 canadian (so like $30 american) more?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
allright thanks alot for your great non-flaming-the-video-card-noob-help

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
ya....if you got the money for got the 256 onboard RAM....but keep inmind...just cuz it has more ram doesnt mean its faster....there is this one card by nvidia that originally came out like 4 years ago...anyways...just recently they made a 256 mb oboard RAM version....and its pretty much a joke. They just did that to make it seem like a fast Graphics card. But ya....the 9800 pro is a very good choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts