Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any of you remember a movie from back in the day that involved a toy company that was taken over by an evil guy (forgot the name of the movie) and they had kids fighting wars through video games........now i just had an idea that that could be a very very good idea if modified, why endanger our well trained pilots when we can put them in a simulator with cameras and the such so all we would lose would be a plane if it got shot down?? this sort of fits in here and the lounge but i think ill just put it in here

D

·
0 Posts
did it have robin williams in it? cuz if it did it was "Toys" yeah that movie was sweet they made like those remote contriol helicopters that flew in and blew the crap outta all the other toys...

i dunno if that is the movie your talking about but that one was pretty sweet too.

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D_Smalls said:
did it have robin williams in it? cuz if it did it was "Toys" yeah that movie was sweet they made like those remote contriol helicopters that flew in and blew the crap outta all the other toys...

i dunno if that is the movie your talking about but that one was pretty sweet too.
yea, that was the movie, i havent seen it in forever though....probably 5-6 yrs.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
They're developing a system for combat jets and bombers to use that kind of technology, they have it in scout planes and such, only problem is many pilots are aganst it because they train to go out and get into the danger, they just ddon't feel like they're a a real pilot, ego stuff and all that and besides it has to be a rush to be up there straifing tanks and knocking MiGs out of the sky, something you just don't get while playing video game, which is what it would be like, just an expensive video game and then our "pilots" would become lax because they don't have to worry about getting killed up there, just getting chewd out for losing a multi-million dollar peice of equipment.

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i think there would plenty of people willing to sacrifice their ego to do that (including myself) but you wouldnt have to be nearly as old or trained making it cheaper to equip the pilots and train them since they wouldnt need to know survival.

as for the surveilance plane i think its called _____ hawk and another advantage is the length of time it could fly for because you could just switch up pilots in the simulator and there be more room for weapons and fuel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts