Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO it would cool if some1 hosted a massive vietnam scenario game. i don't think any1 has done a vietnam. plus, addicted to paintball (the website) has all the best scenario stuff.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
well sinve i live in central florida it might be do-able but you'd have to have a crap load of land and a lot of people that like scenario and would be willing to spend the money

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i live in missouri. It can get pretty hot and sticky, and my field has a pretty hilly area w/ a trail. They hosted a ho chi min scenario. It was pretty good i hear.

·
12,110 Posts
PaintGirl said:
well not a lot of paintball fields have the Vietnam type weather/landscape so it would be hard unless you are in southern Florida or something
:eek: ITs paintgirl!

I dont see why the setting would have to matter so much. When you think about it they've got DDay in the middle of a landlocked state... All they'd really need was a large enough and thickly foliated enough field.

Then you can have the VC... Here I think I wrote up a thing on it..

Alpha said:
How about a Vietnam war game, where there is regular NVA, Regular US Army troops, Viet Cong, and Navy SEALs.

The Vietcong get to go out into the game 10 minutes before everyone else and set up ambushed and whatnot.

The SEALs should be some of the best players on the team, and would get to insert wherever they like. So instead of starting at the barrel fort, they could just go wherever they like.

Mission objective is to eliminate the vietcong threat and continue to suppress Northern Vietnamese Regulars.

There could be a field hospitol where you can go to respawn, but you'd have to wait 10-15 minutes before you are 'healed'. Or you can return to the staging area and fill up on paint and wait for the next recycle.

Comments/ ideas?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
at my field we also play a version of that senario. Its the ho chi min trial field. Its very long and has 2 lines of small hills w/ lots of trees. Theres a path down the middle and lots of options for ambush. The 1 team gets to spread out and the other must clear them out. Its pretty fun, but not w/ newbs...They don't want to move up or hold a spot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ho chi mann was at bushwackers in st louis great field water incerations but horrable unsafe reffing we have a korean senerio in ke but check out that board

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
THEBIGBADVIKING i go to bushwackers all the time. U wouldn't happen to be reffering to their tendencay to not wear the bottom part of the mask as unsafe reffing would u? Yeah, i see ur point, but they do it so it's even easier to identify them. STill, unsafe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
PaintGirl said:
well not a lot of paintball fields have the Vietnam type weather/landscape so it would be hard unless you are in southern Florida or something
If something like a Vietnam scenario was hosted at all in Florida, Wayne's World would probably host it. Entry fee would be a large sum of money..like normal.

·
Old Fart Squad of Bristol
141 Posts
Some field did do one last year. Some even had mil-sim looking markers like looked a lot like a AK-47.

I will check the issue and mag and update this later. (pretty sure it's the current "Paintball" magizine tho)

EDIT: No, the feture is in this months (April 2005) issue of APG, Titled "The Battle of Dien Bien Phu". This event took place last year and looked pretty fun. The most interesting bit was all of the VC team guys (or sevral) having there markers dressed up to look like AK-47's. Kinda neat looking.

-Pezzer :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts