Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys. I just got a Orion for free from my buddy and my only plans are to wrap it in camo tape and buy a barrel.

I just called my local PB store and they have a 32 degrees 14 in spyder threaded barrel, they did not tell me what it was though (Whisper, Quiet Riot, etc) Im just wondering if its going to fit because even though people have said spyder thread fit the orion they dont.

I just tried a stock victor and E99 barrel and they both didnt thread in far enough, the oring was still visible on the gun. Im just wondering if this will be a problem with the new barrel. Thanks guys.

Anyone recommend any upgrades for this gun?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
first of all, please dont wrap your gun in camo tape.

As for upgrading the gun, i wouldn't do it, honestly. Orions are low-end markers, perfect for people just starting off paintballing. What i would do is play a bit with the gun you have now, then save up for a good set of equipment (electronic marker, a good hopper, Compressed air Tank).

Do you mainly play in the woods or on speedball fields?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
If its the oring on the barrel and its only sticking out by a 16th of an inch or so then you should be fine. Some breeches conceal the o ring better than others. It will still fit tightly. The 32 degrees barrel isn't bad don't pay over $40 for it though. Its probably the only upgrade you should be putting on that gun anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well im doin the exact same thing, but i tested a spyder barrel on my orion and the oring was out a 16th of an inch, but their was sort of a wedge or slot for the oring that sticks up a little, i founf when i moved the oring back slightly it fit perfect, now this was a stock spyder barrel, some people say the after market barrels for spyders are threaded right to the oring and other say it has that slot, now its threaded all the way to the oring im not sure if it will work, but i am goin to buy a 16 inch spyder barrel for my orion VL now if anyone with an aftermarket spyder barrel knows, please get back to me. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts