Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q)What kind of threads do Vikings/Excals take?
A) They take cocker threaded barrels.

Q) How do I adjust my 3 point trigger?
A) Here is a PDF file with pictures on adjusting the trigger. You need adobe acrobat to read it. Adjusting the Trigger.

Q) What gun shoots further, the Viking or the Excal?
A) Both guns will shoot the same distance. Also, both guns will shoot along the same parabolic curve. This holds true for every paintball gun in existance. All paintball guns will shoot the same distance if they are cronoed at the same speed, with the same bore to barrel match.

Q) My Nelson board went dumb!! HELP!!!
A) Nelson boards can be reprogrammed. However, once a Nelson board goes dumb, it will keep going dumb. Unless you own a data cable, it is in your best interest to get the was board. You can contact Nelson at http://www.nelassoc.com and ask about his warrenty.

Q) What is the difference between a 03 and a 04 viking?
A) Same side, dual ball detent
3/8's of a pound lighter than the '03
Shorter in length
SCM comes standard
Relocated on/off switch
Shorter bolt
Bodies are milled for eye wiring

Q) What is the difference between a Excal and a Viking?
A) The major difference between the two is the method in which they fire. The Excal fires in the closed bolt position, and the Viking will fire in the open bolt. Because of this, the Viking will fire faster then the Excal. The excal can run a lower lpr pressure, and people say this makes the gun feel more "smooth".

Q) If I order a new Viking from XXX what will it come with?
A) Typically the gun will come with a WAS board, an AKA gun bag, and a bottle of lube, no eyes, no covers. If ordering from a place that offers a loaded version, then it typically will include eyes and covers.

Q) Where can I get eyes and covers?
A) Eyes- www.wickedairsportz.com
Covers – www.jmjconcepts.com
Both – www.dbnpaintball.com

Q) Is there anyplace that will upgrade my old Viking to get WAS and eyes?
A) DBN paintball currently offers a “full meal deal” that will upgrade the gun. The cost includes milling the body for eyes, the board, the eyes, the covers, servicing the gun, install, and return shipping. Their site is www.dbnpaintball.com .

Q) How fast will a Viking shoot?
A) Was board no eyes - 13
Was board with eyes - unlimited
Nelson board (stock) - 13
Nelson board (max) - 30.3

Q) What upgrades do I need out of the box?
A) None. The first thing you should invest in is a new barrel. Then a fast force fed loader such as the halo b, or evolution 2 with z board.

Q) How can I solve my FSDO problem?
A) If you are using the new solenoids, then run your dwell at 12. If you are using a MAC solenoid, then run it at 15. Also put a new battery in the gun.

Q) How many shots can I get out of my tank?
A) With a 68/45 tank expect about 1900 shots. On a 45/45 expect about 1200.

Q) Is the Javelin a good barrel? What size is it?
A) Although the Javelin is a decent barrel, many people upgrade their barrel to a longer size. The Javelin is 2 different bore sizes and both are 12 inches long. Javelins with one row of porting holes are .684. The newer ones with four rows of holes are .687.

Q) What is the lightest Viking?
A) The Destructive Custom Viking which will be released soon should be the lightest Viking available.

Q) Will stripping the anno on my Viking void my warranty?
A) Yes, it will. If you want a custom annoed Viking, call order a raw Viking from AKA.

Q) My Viking is double feeding, what can I do to fix this?
A) Try bending out the ball detent so that it sticks into the breech more. However don’t bend it too much, as this will cause the ball to be sliced in half.

Q) Should I get a LP or a HP tank for my Viking?
A) Although a LP tank will have some benefits, it isn’t necessary. If you plan on buying a new tank, then I recommend getting a LP as it does have benefits over the HP.

Q) If I buy a gun from (company name here) will be drilled for the eyes?
A) Unless a company is selling a used or very old gun, then it is safe to assume that the gun will come predrilled for eyes.

Q) Are there any upgrades available for my Viking?
A) DBN paintball carries a lot of aftermarket parts for Vikings. Their website is www.dbnpaintball.com .

Q) What kinds of triggers are available for my Viking?
A) There currently is, JMJ Razorblade, Froth’s Frothblade, AKA double trigger, AKA blade trigger, and several others being made by JMJ which should be available by the end of the year.

Q) What is PECS?
A) PECS is a new idea in eye covers. More info about PECS is available at http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=343303 .

Q) How do I program my WAS board?
A) A complete guide made by Prarie is available here:
WAS Programimg Guide

If you would like me to add a question to the FAQ, please PM it to me.

PS: This was taken directly from the AKA forum on PBN.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts