Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147420.html

What do you think? Personally, I've always felt that studies such as this one are merely part of an overall anti-video game agenda and are conducted to aid the argument thusly.

In todays world people merely try their hardest to blame other things for their problems, rather than take the consequences that come with the choices they make. Video games are harmless.

-Jinjiro

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
god forbid all the **** that is on television day in and day out has anything to do with that, nope, its all video games..pfft. stupid IMO>

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
I've been saying it, and I will continue to say it. The ESRB rates games for a reason. If a kid can't handle games like that, then he/she shouldnt be able to play them...thats up to the parents, which is a whole other effed up issue that I don't feel like getting into.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
This just in......

Osama played Grand theft auto as a child, now we know why hes so screwed up!

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
I'm pretty sure people are just looking for things to blame with these studies. The reason they target video games is because they are really the only way for people to experience violence and take part in it themselves with no consiquence.
But really, theres the same if not, worse depictions of violence, alchol, sexs AND drugs on TV and movies, I don't know why video games get targeted so badly.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Its becuase parents nowadays are lazy pieces of **** who are to self-centered to care about their kid, then, of course, its obviously not their fault, and they have to blame someone when their kid becomes a delinquent. So what do they choose? The grand theft auto game that is rated mature that they bought for their kid at the age of 8.

But truthfully, look at me. I started playing CS when I was.. 8, 9 maybe? I was playing it when it was in the beta stages, so it was a while ago. And look at me, Im fine........kinda.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well theyre not blaming it on video games, they're really just associating violence with video games..

personally i think it does anyway. i get pretty frustrated and sometimes really mad when i play a game.. if someone is pissing me off while im playing i get mad at them.. im not saying its the video games fault.

and what i dont get is - some of you are saying that its so silly to blame it on games, but why isn't that a possibility? is it just because you play video games and nothing happens to you its automatically not bad? i know i would probably have a different understand of sex, drugs, and violence if i had played grand theft auto when i was 8 instead of playing sonic or mario..

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
I've been playing violent video games since I was 6 and got my first Sega Genesis... I've only killed 3 people to date.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
people blame everything on drugs and video games.
Because cannabis and interactive game play are so harmful... NOT.
I'm not even a gamer and I think that is all absurd.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Zeruel said:
Its becuase parents nowadays are lazy pieces of **** who are to self-centered to care about their kid, then, of course, its obviously not their fault, and they have to blame someone when their kid becomes a delinquent. So what do they choose? The grand theft auto game that is rated mature that they bought for their kid at the age of 8.

But truthfully, look at me. I started playing CS when I was.. 8, 9 maybe? I was playing it when it was in the beta stages, so it was a while ago. And look at me, Im fine........kinda.
My thoughts in a nutshell. Exactly, I played games like Turok, Tekken, Splatterhouse for Sega etc etc when I was a kid, but I could handle it. My mother knew I was a good kid and I didn't get into too much trouble so she let me play these things. I turned out fine. My little bro on the other hand, got into trouble a little more at school, so he wasnt allowed to play games like this till he was older. It's all about guaging the situation, and my mom did a great job. Both of us are fine now, and you would never hear from us shooting up a school or anything.

Now is that to say that violence is the cheif export of video games? No. But according to the FCC and other organizations it is. In my mind, I would think that video games can be influential to an extent, but there are so many factors: How the kid was brought up, how stable he is psychologically, what his parents are like, what his status in school is, etc. So I guess this method is somewhat helpful.

·
S.W.A.T. ARMY
1,302 Posts
Jinjiro said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147420.html

What do you think? Personally, I've always felt that studies such as this one are merely part of an overall anti-video game agenda and are conducted to aid the argument thusly.

In todays world people merely try their hardest to blame other things for their problems, rather than take the consequences that come with the choices they make. Video games are harmless.

-Jinjiro
agreeed

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
i play and have played tons of M games and i think i am fine, as in not doing drugs, and killing people. to most of my frends, who dont paintball, they think video games fil the little bit of violence they want to experience, i personaly think paintball is more fun. so me and my frends get our violence out but in 2 ways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts