Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I don't go paintballing much, maybe 8 times a year and I bought a Tippman 98 Custom, I like it alot! And now my friend wants to get a package that includes a Marker, Mask, CO2, Hopper, & stuff to fix the gun (allan wrenches, gun oil, squeegie, etc...) He doesn't have that much money to spend, (About $200 canadian.) Anyway so we saw the Triad package and it comes with everything I talked about above. For only $189.99! So I was wondering is the VL Triad an O.K. Marker to start out with if we only go a few times a year?

(We dont really do speedball, its more woodsball. Click www.paintballparadise.ca and then click "fields" to see what type of place we play. Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I know they would be better, but the only spyder sold here localy is the xtra, and it doesn't come with Mask, Hopper, Air, etc...

So would it be fine for him to get? Or would it like, fall a part and suck like crap?

J

·
0 Posts
Mine fell apart but my friends didn't. Every once in a while they work good but not alot. It would probably be ok though if you only go 8 times a year.

·
Registered
323 Posts
honestly, anything thats made by Viewloader or Brass eagle isnt of the highest quality in my opinion and are targeted to people who want to start playing for really cheap. They end up causing more hassle than thier worth though and can have many problems. You cant really go wrong with a Tippman 98, if he doesnt want that the Xtra would be your other best bet. It would be better to just shell out a few extra dollars on the co2, mask, hopper, etc individually, he would be much happier.

edit: sent you a pm about something

·
Registered
94 Posts
It basically comes down to,you dont wanna put down a lot of money on it because you wont get that much use out of it. Sure sounds good to me!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On pbreview.com there are a lot of good reviews! Its avarage rating opf 7.7. So a lot of people didn't have trouble with it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Brass eagles are notorious for breaking paint. After every day of paintballing i would have to strip the entire gun for a bath (even if i only played one game).

I bought a 98 and am MUCH happier with its low mantiance, and smoother operation. My old BE also released alot of gas into the hopper ocassionally, breaking a ball in the hopper, ruining 100 balls.

A BE/VL is a good marker for beginners. To fix its problems, get a motorized hopper (besided the Quantum). This will stop the marker from chopping balls like a lawnmower.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
since ur not much of a pballer, a vl triad is a perfect gun. I can't believe i said that, but yes, it's not expensive, and it's a complete set, plus if it breaks ur not in too much trouble. if you want a cheap reliable gun, look for a stingray, which to me is their best gun and was one of my first. no, u won't find it under v/l, search brass eagle, but they are owned under the same company.

·
Registered
306 Posts
dont listen to all the brass eagle, viewloader haters.. they are not a real good gun but ok... their performace is lacking a lot.. but there is nothing that can go wrong with the gun really.. its internals are as simple as a spyders.. about all that can go wrong with it is a spring or a o-ring, both of wich can be fixed in seconds and only cost pennies... for a person who only plays 8 times a year it would be a good gun.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MR. Marsullus said:
I wouldnt suggest the Model 98 package, its not a 98 Custom and is way over priced.

Your friend may also look into used markers.

I got a used 98 Custom in great condition with Nvader Goggles, 12 CO2, Squeggie, Hopper, etc. for $130
Hmmm.... Well we decided not to go with the VL Triad and are looking for used Tippman 98c packages. Im interested in your offer Marsullus and Im wondering what hopper, barrel, etc... I was planning on buying a package with flatline, stock, and whatnot on ebay, taking the good stuff off and putting it on my Tippman 98c, then seling the basic gun, stock barrel, etc to my friend for real cheap

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
yes, but why spend 130 when u only play 6 months out of the year?
When i bought it i hadnt played much either, but playing became much more easy and fun after i bought it.

With My Brass Eagle, I broke a ball almost every other game, making my accuracy terrible, then the paint would silde all over the bolt, and i would have to strip the entire thing down and clean it when i got home.

After i got my tippmann, breakage almost never happened, The marker is 100% more reliable than my Avenger.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts