Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All spyder Series available

I'm reading alot on this forum and there's some bad informations about theses markers, so now it's time to clarify everything.

MR Series
MR1:

Completely a mech gun, with a standart delrin bolt in (no ACS), available in black or matte olive.

E-MR1:

add the electronic trigger frame to the MR1, and comes in silver.

MR2:

got an electronic frame like the E-MR1, but have a delrin ACS bolt in. There's now an MR2 with, eye. The ACS bolt is replace by a normal bolt, and the marker got eyes, to prevent chop.

MR3:

got an electronic frame too, have a delrin bolt in AND eyes as antichop system.

VS Series
VS1:

That's the only VS marker that is designed to use CO2. Actually the internals of this marker are almost the sames as old spyders (same valve but striker and bolt are shorter), it only have to body of the VS series. It is electronic and have eyes. Comes in matte blue or matte olive.

VS2:

Here's begin the real new generation of spyders: got a new balanced valve designed for low pressure, which means it will works well only on HPA/N2. There's also a lighter striker. Everything here's allow to get a lighter marker with less kick under high rate of fire. The VS2 also comes with the infinity Trigger. Comes in silver and body kit are available.

VS3:

The VS3 got the same internals as the VS2. The only real difference is that it comes with the rocking Trigger 2.0 which means it will be banned from tournaments with PSP rules. Comes in black and body kits are available.

Also he VS3 has a small issue with many after market barrels. There are two jutting peices on the barrel reciever that limit the barrel backs width when the threads begin to screw. BE CAREFUL even if it says for Spyder Markers. Empire Revolver Does not fit.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I would have to say that out of all of the above, the only one that I would ever even consider buying is the VS2, and the MR2.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm thinking right now about selling my current equipment and go with a VS2, a 68/4500 tank and a Fasta 18V hopper. I really think the VS2 is sexy has hell, probably with a blue body kit to match my mask and my spyder jersey.thumup:

Edit (2007-07-04):
I finally did my choice : I bought a VS2 like I said before. I'll wrote a review when I'd play enough with it.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally did my choice : I bought a VS2. It's working very well, I didn't have any recocking problems yet.

PS : I made this thread because there's alot of bad information said on the MR and VS series. Please refer here before speaking about wrong information. I don't want to flame anyone here (most people here are great guys), but the only thing I want is to help others with good informations. What is said in this thread can be found on the official site of spyders. Spyder.tv - Spyder Electronic & Semi-Auto Paintball Markers, Gear, Apparel, and Accessories

·
Registered
1 Posts
VS3 Barrel Fit

Another item to note:
The VS3 has a small issue with many after market barrels. There are two jutting peices on the barrel reciever that limit the barrel backs width when the threads begin to screw.
BE CAREFUL even if it says for Spyder Markers.
Empire Revolver Does not fit.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Another item to note:
The VS3 has a small issue with many after market barrels. There are two jutting peices on the barrel reciever that limit the barrel backs width when the threads begin to screw.
BE CAREFUL even if it says for Spyder Markers.
Empire Revolver Does not fit.
Thx I'll add this.

BTW I fixed the lost pictures above :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
you have great reviews Weever! Im not an English speaker either (you said that in another review). Where are you from?

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quebec, Canada. I live in a small town named Baie-Comeau, on the north coast...

Thanks, I'm working hard sometimes for thoses review, and I'm happy that could help.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oui justement, je fais l'effort de bien parler l'anglais pour que personne ne se rendent compte que je parle français...

(yeah I'm working hard to correctly type english, then nobody can know that I'm french)

That's prolly why I'm doing alot of mistakes here. But hey our language is not important, cauz you'll know that if I call you OUT or MORT, you'll know it anyway.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I recently edit this thread to add the Mr2 with eye, and to fix the pictures. I'm right now working to add the RS series, and the classic series, with the new pilot and electra.

RS Series
RS:

Same body as VS2 and VS3, but this don't have the balanced valve, so it can be use with Co2. And it's all compatible with the VS body kits. CO2 compatible hybrid using SE technology (low pressure and dual air source), lower pressure than regular blowbacks, but still compatible with CO2. This is to me what the VS1 should have been.

RSX:

IMHO, this is the very best blowback marker ever done. It combines every big technologies available at this time. It have the same specs as the VS2, 3G balanced valve and infitinty trigger, plus it adds the Tadao board, with 5 Modes of Operation (Semi-Auto "Uncapped", Semi-Auto, PSP, Millennium Ramp & Burst "15 BPS Cap"). The reg is now separated from the ASA, and is in the foregrip. I never seen a better blowback marker on the market, never. If you can find one for cheap, go for it.

Classic series
Pilot '09 with eyes:

In 2008, Kingman made great efforts to reduce overall weight and size of their markers. The Pilot is the result of this work. It's 25% Lighter and 15% Shorter than it's been before. It also some with a the new LEAP board, developped by Tadao. It's a kinda entry version to the tadao board, and gives 3 Modes of Operation (Semi-Auto, Ramp PSP, & Ramp Millennium), and support regular 9V batteries for the first time. The barrel lenght is 11", and the board is capped to 25 bps. The 09 version add a Clamping Collar Feedneck.

Electra '09 with eyes:

This one would be my choice if I had to buy a new spyder today. It have the sames spec than the Pilot, but with a nicer design, and the SE technology, indroduced with the spyder RS. That means it can be used with Co2 and HPA, at lower pressure than regular blowback markers (300PSI). Also comes with the clamping collar feedneck, and with the LEAP board.

Victor '09:

Reduced Overall Profile (15% Lighter and 10% Shorter), this mech spyder also add a new clamping collar feedneck. It's also tool free for easy field strip and maintain, which is really for new players.

Sonix '09:

Same body than the Victor, it simply adds a foregrip, to get more comfy.

Xtra '09:

This marker is just as legendary as the Tippmann 98c for his reliability, and is much more easy to clean and use. It adds the sames specs as the sonix and victor, but adds an expansion chamber to help Co2 to expand, and prevent liquid Co2 to get inside the marker.

And that's everything I got right now, hope this will answer alot questions you may have !

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No you can't. You have to buy aftermarket boards if you want to reprograms BPS. I think the only spyder that can reprogram the BPS value is the RSX because it's a standard tadao board in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts