Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I ordered my Spyder VS2 earlier this week and it's supposed to be here Monday. I want to use it for a bit before I consider any big upgrades but I am wondering if there's anything I should get for it right away. This is going to be my first maker so I don't really know too much about all the parts and stuff yet but I've read that the feedneck kinda sucks on the VS2. Is this something I should replace right away? Also, what do you all think about an offset? I don't like the hopper sticking right up the middle like it was on the rental guns I'd used in the past and a buddy had an offset on his auto cocker he let me use once I really dug it. I have so far bought a Viewloader Revolution loader and a Crossfire 68ci 4500psi tank.

Can anyone recommend decent parts that I might need right away, if any?

Again, thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
oh and you can't have an offset feed on the vs2. well you could, but it would require that you make parts for it yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much. Lots of useful information in there. Looking forward to getting my VS2 on Monday and hopefully playing next Sunday. I did order myself a 14" J&J ceramic barrel and a New Designz Pro Clamp No Rise Feed Neck. Man, I'm so excited, I think a little bit of pee just came out.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Remember to take care of the regulator. This way you'll save yourself from recocking problems.

Oh and have fun and play safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Do I need to know anything special about taking care of the regulator besides what's found in the manual and your helpful posts? I haven't had the chance to read through the whole manual yet but I will be doing so before I play this Sunday.

Also, my Viewloader Revolution does not seem to fit in the feedneck. I'm assuming this is what the new feedneck I ordered is for?

Can you recommend a good drop forward for the VS2? Holding this marker with the tank attached, I think I may look in to getting one.

One more thing. Is there a need to have a second battery for the VS2 available with me when I'm playing? Just curious.

Thanks. I do appreciate your time.

-Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts