Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was going through WalMart last week and I decied to stop by the paintball section. Normally, i would have seen the same crappy paint they've always had, but I saw RPS Big Balls :sly:. I didn't know Walmart carried these. I took them out to a game, and boy what a frickin show. I loaded up and went onto the field. The first shot out of my J&J Ceramic 14" barrel curved like ***ch. I dismissed it as a CO2 spike and kept on playing. The shots didn't get any better. After all was said and done I did a paint-barrel bore check. The ball went half an inch and stopped. My question:

Even though WalMart sells good quality paint (aka Big Ball) why does it still suck? Everything on the net says that Big Balls will work with my barrel. WTF happened?!

·
Registered
40 Posts
did u chrono cause the velocity can screw up ur aim also try to put the paint in ur barrel and blow if it comes out u have a good match (ur not blowing with the force of 300 fps) if it wasnt the velocity then it may have been a bad case

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
^^that's one possiblitiy.

Or it was a box of 2nds. 2nds is paint that failed the 1st quality control test, but is still good enough to play w/.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did try to blow a few of the stuck ones through, but couldn't (I ended up using a squeege to push it through). I did notice that some of them are slightly oddballed. However, when I put my friends Teardrop on my gun, and used the paint it was MUCH better. The grouping went from about 2 feet at 50 ft to about 6-8 inches at 50 ft.

As for the chrono.....i didn't :? ....we didn't have a chrono there. I did however turn my velocity down just in case.

·
Registered
40 Posts
well first let me say that i dont want to be labeled a spamist trollist ect, but IMO walmart has the worst paint manufactured in the world.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
I did try to blow a few of the stuck ones through, but couldn't (I ended up using a squeege to push it through). I did notice that some of them are slightly oddballed. However, when I put my friends Teardrop on my gun, and used the paint it was MUCH better. The grouping went from about 2 feet at 50 ft to about 6-8 inches at 50 ft.

As for the chrono.....i didn't :? ....we didn't have a chrono there. I did however turn my velocity down just in case.
thats probably the problem....and bc ur barrel didn't have a good paint-to-barrel match

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Actually for cheap paint at Wal-Mart Scorch isn't all that bad. I believe it is made by Draxxus. It flies fairly straight, breaks OK and a bright pink fill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
Okay so I was going through WalMart last week and I decied to stop by the paintball section. Normally, i would have seen the same crappy paint they've always had, but I saw RPS Big Balls :sly:. I didn't know Walmart carried these. I took them out to a game, and boy what a frickin show. I loaded up and went onto the field. The first shot out of my J&J Ceramic 14" barrel curved like ***ch. I dismissed it as a CO2 spike and kept on playing. The shots didn't get any better. After all was said and done I did a paint-barrel bore check. The ball went half an inch and stopped. My question:

Even though WalMart sells good quality paint (aka Big Ball) why does it still suck? Everything on the net says that Big Balls will work with my barrel. WTF happened?!

WOW, what a coincident, i had bought RPS BIG BALLS JUST BEFORE THE WEEKEND, AND I Went to go play in the forest with some frieneds....same **** happend to me..they curve like hell...**** man i was dissapointed...then i looked into the barrel..like 3 paintballs where left...and didnt shoot out..couple splited open...i swear RPS BIG BALLS ARE THE BIGGEST CRAP EVER!.then i thought something might have been wrong with my marker, so i took it apart, like the volumizer,barrel,and trigger, and now my gun is ****ed up..and have to take it to a technician. :( ...somethings wrong...after i put it all together...when i tried to connect the co2 back it leaked threw the whole gun like mad..and so on long story
Click here
and its all because of those ****en paintballs....dammit. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah, got my flatline barrel... thought it was great, but all the paint went flying this way and that.... good distance with that thing, very cool... but it curves right before hitting target! :shrug:

I was using those ZAP balls that come in the milkjug looking thing from gart sports.

BTW what are the straightest flying balls IYO

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
yeah, people hate on walmart paint too much. now wild streak/blue streak i will admit is probablly the worst paint i have ever seen, but some of the other stuff like scorch, super swirl, and afterburner actually arent THAT bad considering the low price. actually, i like afterburner alot, its almost always on sale at like 4000 for $28, and its good practice paint. i wouldnt practice with anything else. well, maybe i would... ;0

·
Registered
280 Posts
first of all shame on you for going to wall-mart bad you bad! because wall-mart is the store re-incarnation of satan =( and yeah just looking at there pb section makes me cry blood

1 - 20 of 28 Posts