Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
the one in Vancouver was just approved for one more year, it's fate after that is uncertain. There's also needle exchange programs at most health clinics here. You bring in your old hardware and they provide you with new clean ones.

It ends up saving a lot of money in the long run. providing people with needles is a hell of a lot cheaper than treating some one with AIDS.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I think that we should have them elsewhere. However in order to get in you need to FAIL a drug test lol.

Then they slowly decrease your dependence on this ****. It could be a treatment center that actually gives you drugs.

D

·
0 Posts
they dont supply you with the drugs, just a safe place to do it and clean equipment.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
they dont supply you with the drugs, just a safe place to do it and clean equipment.
oh I knew that. What I'm bothered by is you let them shoot up in a safe enviorment and then shove them out into the world to have their fun. Maybe I've got some misconceptions on these drugs/whatever but I don't like the idea of the state legally assisting some meth head or whoever to stumble around the streets possibly causing trouble.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
It ends up saving a lot of money in the long run. providing people with needles is a hell of a lot cheaper than treating some one with AIDS.
Im sure dirty needles are the biggest reason people have aids in SF. :rolleyes:

*not meant to be taken seriously, just throwing that out there for a little humor.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOW MOTHER ****ER! and they say pot is bad...sure let em get all yaked out then let em leave and drive ****in over sized bullets around town. but i cant sit in someones basement and get elevated? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this country (namely speaking of current political leaders. i love america)

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
So what if a cop decided to conveniently walk into the clinic?

D

·
0 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOW MOTHER ****ER! and they say pot is bad...sure let em get all yaked out then let em leave and drive ****in over sized bullets around town. but i cant sit in someones basement and get elevated? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this country (namely speaking of current political leaders. i love america)
educate yourself.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
So what if a cop decided to conveniently walk into the clinic?
"legal safe-injection room"

They couldn't do anything. However, what they might be able to do, is just stand outside and search anyone that looks like they're going in, and arrest them for possession.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Shut up. Weed is pretty much legal in SF anyways, its not like the City is being hypocritical about this. They've already done this in British Columbia, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. The UK is seriously considering this too.

A lot of the heroin users in SF are homeless people without access to a car.

I still don't agree with it at all, it might give drug dealers even more business now that there's a safe place to shoot up. Its sending the wrong message. We need to crack down on the illegal drugs coming in and stop them at the source.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
We need to crack down on the illegal drugs coming in and stop them at the source.
I'm pretty sure that's been the general strategy thus far, and it's been failing miserably.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts