Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my left ear pierced for ages. Today I finally made the jump to guaged (got a 16 guage-ya I know its small). I just bought the earring and put some cream on it that they gave me at the place I bought em and pushed it thru. Now for the right ear(no existing hole). I was thinking just shoving a sewing needle thru halfway(so half the needle sticks out on both sides of the lobe) and then putting the earring thru and removing the needle. Any words of wisdom? Where Nissantunerdude when you need him?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
hes probably down in new orleans again helping with the relief effort...did you ever see the movie the parent trap? lol they put the needle over a flame for a while to sterilize it, then put an apple behind your ear (so you dont jab your head neck with the needle) then stick it through.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I know several people that have done this, just make sure you clean the needle first. Thats the only major issue.

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
i would just get it done professionally. the problem with you doing that is, instead of ear being taken out, you are expanding the ear (if you understand what that means) now it all depends how thick you wanna pierce this thing. for example, when i got my 14g cartilage pierced, i had to use a syringe type needle to remove flesh from the ear.

if you pierce with a normal needle, the metal will push the skin and possibly rip the inside, but i'm not sure you have to worry about it when using just a sewing needle

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im only gonna put in a 16 guage ring. They are pretty cool. Its the horseshoe shaped barbell with cones on the tips. I may just have the place do it. Give me a reason to go back there and get Kat a new belly button ring....I think she wants a dangly one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dude I Peirce My Ears With Just A Pin Or A Tack Anything That Is A Needle... It Dont Hurt Just Look At It And Make Sure There Is Not Dirt On It...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Oo Sryyy Did Not Read Your Post Rigfht... What My Freind Did Was Look For A Screwdrive (not Flat Head!!) And Compare It To The Earing And The Hole In Your Ear Size... Keep Putting Them Through Intil You Work Your Way Up To The Right Size...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no qualms about shoving a needle thru my ear. Im just worried that the earring wont go thru once the needle is out. How about I shove the needle almost all the way thru and then use the earring to push the need on thru that way the earring will be guided by the needle.....maybe? Ok Spyder tell me how you do it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is really tricky..Your idea seems to be the best way, and the only option... "going through halfway and fulling through the rest of the way with the earinng.." It will still be hard to do but it is probly the only thing you can do if you already have the earing and wanna be able to fit it in right... i'll try and look up some info if i can...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think Im gonna do it tonight....Kats up here and were already assaulting our livers. So I think a few more bottles of liquid courage and I'm game.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
spend the $5.95 and let a "mall piercer" do it.....doing it yourself is over rated and lame. letting a mall piercer do it gives it at least some danger....besides, every idiot with a paper clip, staple or shish-k-bob skewer has already done it.

(btw, i dont recommend you do it yourself, infection possibilities and all....)

if the ring you want to put in has a removable ball or w/e, then it may be possible to do it by putting ther needle half in and pushing it thru with the earring...if not, it could prove to be quite difficult.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts