Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my boyfriend a nice watch for Christmas I'll spend 200-300 whats a good brand of watches thats around that price range?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
you could get a really nice fossil, a lower end Rolex (any rolex is nice in my book), cassio maybe, movado, swiss army, citizen, etc etc really i think it depends on his taste. personally i love watches but i am very particular about what they look like, for that reason my girl has resigned to never buy me a watch. first id say try finding out what he likes to see in a watch and go from there

ebay is a great place to find them

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
I would NOT buy a fossil. They have the image of being more surfer/high school/nonprofessional. I liked and still like fossil, but you may want to go for a more versatile watch that he could wear casually, but also look nice when he dresses up.

Citizen is a great watch brand. They're classy and very durable as well. I have an Eco-Drive(no batteries, powered by light!) that I got from my dad in summer 2005...it works flawlessly.

CITIZENWATCH.com | Welcome to Citizen Watches Online

Check them out. Citizens are great watches.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
I would NOT buy a fossil. They have the image of being more surfer/high school/nonprofessional.
sure if all the ones you look at are in zummies, but if you get your hands on a fossil catalog youll quickly see that they have a lot of watches that are more sophisticated and not just "hey look at me" kind of watches

I have a fossil analog and a starck/fossil digital, both are black and get worn everywhere, the starck/fossil is a little more on the dressy side but its not going to look bad if i wear it to work, the analog just looks awsome (matches a tux quite well) unfortunatly it rests on one of my wrist bones so i dont wear it every day.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
sure if all the ones you look at are in zummies, but if you get your hands on a fossil catalog youll quickly see that they have a lot of watches that are more sophisticated and not just "hey look at me" kind of watches

I have a fossil analog and a starck/fossil digital, both are black and get worn everywhere, the starck/fossil is a little more on the dressy side but its not going to look bad if i wear it to work, the analog just looks awsome (matches a tux quite well) unfortunatly it rests on one of my wrist bones so i dont wear it every day.
I'll take a look at their site. Like I said...I'm biased to Citizen because I never have to change a battery, flawless operation for 3 1/2 years, and maybe because it's the first decent watch I've owned.

·
0 Posts
I used to work at a watch/sunglass store back in college, we sold all things fossil there. Fossil has a real nice line called blue or something. They're nice looking and relatively sturdy but know that if you wanna buy fossil you might as well buy timex and save yourself a few bucks, they're basically the same machine.

Get him one of the cheaper citizen eco-drives, you can find some models for about $250. Can't go wrong there, they're solid and like dhill said, he'll never have to replace the battery.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
You could PM dooms, or have him find his way her by way of magic. He knows all of watches.
Ta-dah!

:dodgy:

Anyway, in that price range, I would look at the following: Seiko, Citizen, Movado, Tissot, Hamilton, and Bulova (Accutron). All are well known makers with good watches in the price range you are looking for. After that I would probably be looking at TAG Heuer's, which can start in the ~$500-$600 range and are well known as being classy/high-end, but still common and stylish among younger adults (more common than, say, a movado or a Hamilton).

A few quick pieces of advice, never buy a watch online unless it is from a reputed seller (there are a lot of well done fakes out there), never pay the advertised sticker price on a watch (always try to haggle), and always get a watch with a sapphire coated crystal (as cheaper watches don't have it and can easily be scratched, which is a pain to fix).

Also, watches are a somewhat personal thing. If he doesn't really like it, don't feel bad, offer instead to go back and return it with him and get something he might like better. Very often people get watches as gifts that they don't really like and they end up sitting in a drawer somewhere; it's better that he has something he likes/wants to wear.

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts