Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to make a half decent website for my paintball team. I have a lack of experience doing this. Does anyone know where I could go to build a webpage somewhat easily, for free, that isnt retarted like the page wizard on yahoo.

D

·
0 Posts
charlesotis said:
im not learning html
hahaha, good luck then...

it easy.. doesnt take long at all to understand.. and usually ill just open a notepad and copy paste all the stuff i need,. then work it all together then put it on the site...

actaully heres my site http://www.wasted-youth.blogspot.com

I didnt to the main template.. but i had to change alot and edit things that the creator had left in the sample template...

D

·
0 Posts
you can do that with html.. you jsut host the the nice looking things you want.. put them up.. and make whatever out of them

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK i have learned hella basic html. I wrote a really easy trial run of a website (only one page) in notrpad. Now that i have done that, how do i put it online and make it a website.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
i think you save it as an html file and make it a page on something like angelfire or geocities. it's been years since I did one, and it was about as crude as possible. you just use the html editor feature in geocities or equivalent rather than the lame wizard crap

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Try an HTML program like HTMLED32 (sorry no idea where I got it. I think I got it with the HTML for Dummies book.), or something similar. It color codes the tags for you, makes it much easier to edit. Also has tools to add images, links, tables etc. HTMLED32 also has a test feature, for both IE and Netscape.
I did this page up myself http://www.geocities.com/manitoualpha/
Not the grreatest, ,and hasn't been updated in awhile. I'd like to learn how to use java, shockwave, flash, ,etc to spruce it up a bit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yah im the photoshop/web designer around here and if you want some help here are some places i would visit:

www.spoono.com
www.freewebs.com (To host your site for free)

Just ask me questions i can do anything website wise.

HTML is essential to making a website, their are other programs that deal with PHP which is very complicated and you have like the basic portal site such as forums, gallery, reviews, etc. all in one easy to navigate site. I would recommend free webs as i linked above for free hosting, but if you would like PHP or HTML i have my seperate host G o t B u n k e r e d and i can lend you some space on my server (which will be more then what you can get for free). You can also hotlink on my site, that is where you can upload pictures on the site and still use them on others.

Well if you want to get started with installing scripts and such, i would check out www.hotscripts.com they have several nice scripts. With a free site you can only have the following types of scripts:

Java
JavaScript
HTML (Not Really a script)
And Possibly C+

Javascript is basically copying a code that programs by itself into your website.

PHP:

PHP basically is a large code that you configure into your site. You usually have to FTP it through a FTP program (www.download.com to find one) and then upload it to the correct folder.

Then you find the .sql text file in your php folder that you were supplied with and go into phpMyadmin. Then select the proper database and click "browse" then upload the file and it will be running. Sometimes you might have to get the url of the install.php file that way you can fully configure it into your site.

Hopefully this helps ya.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts