Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been trying to lose weight for months now, and its not working out like I thought (my expectations weren't high though, i didn't expect to look like Usher in 2 weeks) and I'm kinda chunky, and i really wanna slim down before August is over. Anyone know any good excersises and diet plans? I don't really wanna spend money on a dieting site and there isn't anything for a local gym.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i run 3 miles a day and have a hard ass work out w/ super sets only and i lost a lot of weight that way. i weigh 30 pounds lighter then my last physical and my bench went up like 50 pounds

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish i could weight lift. I've tryed all these main stream diets and they didn't work really. I'm trying my own version of "the zone" which is working, i lost 10 pounds. But I have tryed doing sit ups/crunches and push ups, not really working too well. I do the running thing and ride bike and just toss around the basket ball. but I'm just not getting real results

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Atkins diet aint the best, it cuases heart disease(atleast, thats what i've heard). Just try running around your nieghborhood, run more each day.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
ummm, run and u'll lose weight. its the fastest and best way to lose. and y cant u lift?

D

·
0 Posts
screw diets.. jsut lay off the junk and take up running, or biking and get physically active

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Don't do any fad diet. The Atkins diet works wonders when you are on it, and then the moment you eat a piece of bread, you gain it ALL back.

The best diet is the one on the back of the cereal boxes.

5-11 servings of bread, rice and pasta
3-5 servings of vegetables
2-4 servings of fruit
2-3 servings of dairy products
2-3 servings of meat

Eat healthy and you will lose weight. That means don't eat junk food, pop, candy, or any other types of sugar. You might think you won't be able to live without pop, but you can. I haven't had a pop in over a year. I just drink water, juice, and milk. Now, pop tastes disgusting. It makes me feel like crap.

On to excersize. The best weight loss excersize is cardio. You could ride a bike, run, walk, swim, etc..If running or jogging isnt your bag, then you can walk. Walking burns the same amount of calories as running when it comes to how far you go. If I run 3 miles or walk 3 miles I will burn the same amount of calories. Now if I run for 30 minutes or walk for 30 minutes I will burn more calories running.

Eat healthy, drink lots of water (you should drink 8 glasses a day), and stay positive.

Don't give up in 1 week because you aren't seeing any results. Just keep on pluggin' along and you will lose weight.

Ted

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
You can really eat whatever you want as long as you are willing to exersize. Like if you really want to lose weight bad, go on a run and just think about how you want to lose that weight every step you take. Push yourself past your limits as much as you can. Because running, unlike diets, works a little more to how bad you really want it, like if you just go out and run 5 miles at a slow arse pace, it'll take you a little longer to drop the weight, but if you're running it putting everything you can into it, it'll drop just that much faster.

I mean I'm a competetive long distance runner and I find I can't even gain weight if I try. It of course doesn't do many any favors in the buff category, but you won't be running to be a runner, you'll be running just to get in shape, so then you can weight train along with it and you'll be able to bulk up if you really want to. But I don't feel the need to put on much bulk at all, the lighter I am the easier it is to run.

And you can do the atkins diet if you want, but it is really bad for you in the long run.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Diets are really hard to follow, it would be a waste of time unless you are seriously dedicated to it, just start working out and turn the fat into muscle.....there are a bunch of work outs that will target certin areas of the body, yea running will help but it can only do so much, and it will only work if you run until you build up a good sweat, try to find/make a work out plan that fits you

·
Banned
319 Posts
lol

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Diet and exercise.

That's by far the best way to lose weight. Lay off the junk food and start leaning towards the fruit and vegetables. Stay away from pop too. I haven't drank any carbonated soda in 30 months, coming up on 31.

Your best bet is to go running everyday or every other. Switch between riding a bike and running. Do atleast 3 miles a day if you want to lose a lot of weight fast.

Just remember eat healthy and exercise often and you'll lose weight and stay in shape.

·
Banned
319 Posts
i was laughing at what he said you idiot.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts