Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I have Crohn's disease, you don't know a pain in the stomache until you are stuck with them for life.

Suck it up and have a Tums.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
knee grow please. I eat mr. e meals that are 3 times the daily calorie intake needs in the field...they also make you either really constipated or give you diarhea(god I can't spell) so imagine this. you are in the field for the week. You eat 2 maybe three meals a day and take in several times the average persons energy source. You suddenly feel like your ass is gonna rip in half so you take off your 50 pound ruck sack and pull out your tp. You treck into the woodline with m4 in hand and squat on a frozen tree. don't forget its a couple degrees below zero. Oh snap you are constapated and feel like you should be dead. your squad leader is screaming by now because you are taking way too long and you are getting frost bite on your balls.

don't talk to me about a tummy ache.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
take tums, immodium, or gas-x and then eat alot of fiber. but honestly, youll just have to wait it out.. yeah i know i hate the feeling you just want to die because it hurts so bad.. but think about it.. once you get to the end it all is wrapped up in a toilet full of diarreah,

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am good i went and ate me some food i guess its cause i aint ate nothin since about mid afternoon yesterday

·
12,110 Posts
Ryan_Page said:
I have Crohn's disease, you don't know a pain in the stomache until you are stuck with them for life.

My stepdad has that. I feel you bro, it must blow hard.

I remember one time my stomache hurt so bad that I just collapsed on the floor... Hurt like a mother...

·
Registered
830 Posts
what is Crohn's? other than just stomach pain.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (the general name for diseases that cause inflammation in the intestines.) Crohn's disease can be difficult to diagnose because its symptoms are similar to other intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome and to another type of IBD called ulcerative colitis.

Theories about what causes Crohn's disease abound, but none has been proven. The most popular theory is that the body's immune system reacts to a virus or a bacteria by causing ongoing inflammation in the intestine.

With Crohn's dissease you can get bowel obstructions, frequent diarrhea, cramps, and severe pain. It is treated with fluid infusions, steroid and anti-inflamitory medicines and sometimes with immune systems supression medications.

Believe me, it sucks. I don't have it, but I see people who do. During an attack they will often call the ambulance for pain control and we give them mondo amounts of morphine to try and break through their pain. Often when it gets this bad it requires hospitaliztion for a few days to get the inflamation under control.

Hope that helps... There will be a quiz on friday.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
my brother also has crohns.. i beleive i helped bubba when he needed a stool sample. :nododgy:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanks for explainin' it Dean, saves me the hassle. It's all pretty accurate, except in my case there have been no major bowel obstructions, and I never get diarrhea. I was diagnosed with it when I was 12. Right now I'm taking 13 pills a day for it. Better than last year, I was on 18 a day for awhile. And 4 of the 13 a day are a type of steroid, so I'm having crazy side effects, it sucks, I have exams this week and my hands are shakyer than an 8.0 on the Rictor scale..

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Ryan_Page said:

Ouch, my old neighbor got really sick a couple years ago and was diagnosed with that. He said that sometimes when he wakes up at night, it sits up and just cramps up and has a ton of pain in his gut. He said that he had to go to the doctor a lot and have a camera or something shoved up there, I forget what that's called. Sounds like a ****ty disease to have.

When my stomach hurts, I try to poop, if that doesn't work I take Tums or Maalox, whatever is in the drawer.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
fenix_freak said:
Ouch, my old neighbor got really sick a couple years ago and was diagnosed with that. He said that sometimes when he wakes up at night, it sits up and just cramps up and has a ton of pain in his gut. He said that he had to go to the doctor a lot and have a camera or something shoved up there, I forget what that's called. Sounds like a ****ty disease to have.

When my stomach hurts, I try to poop, if that doesn't work I take Tums or Maalox, whatever is in the drawer.
MRI?

wel pbf, i cant spell. :dodgy:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Colonoscopy. Had one of those too, not too pleasent, luckily they put me under for it.

Had to drink several liters of GoLitely to flush out my system first too. That was gay..

But enough of my threadjacking.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
mavsfan31 said:
I know it's not an MRI. I have had a couple MRIs, and I know they don't shove anything up there.

Medic will know what I'm talking about. I just don't know the name of it. I think it ends in "oscopy" though :shrug:

EDIT: Ryan Page knows...^^

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
fenix_freak said:
I know it's not an MRI. I have had a couple MRIs, and I know they don't shove anything up there.

Medic will know what I'm talking about. I just don't know the name of it. I think it ends in "oscopy" though :shrug:

EDIT: Ryan Page knows...^^
colonoscopy?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts