1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
First off, let me say that I would personally go with a better muffler and tips. I know it's cheap but it is cheap for a reason. Look, it's not even mandrel bent, I can't imagine that muffler flowing nice or sounding nice either. It seriously looks like someone bought a muffler, pipes and tips from autozone and made it into one package. Go to www.summitracing.com and invest a little more in a flowmaster, or hooker catback system, or better yet, get indiviual pieces and mix and match to make a custom exhaust that you can call your own.

However, if you do decide to get this, you can just clamp it in place, but it is advised that you get it welded up. Clamps work, but temporarily. I have had a piece of my clamped exhaust fall out on me, and I have seen a buddy of mine run over an entire section of his own driver's side exhaust down to the muffler in his Monte. Clamp it up temporarily and drive it to a shop to weld it up...better yet, if you have a friend with a welder, have him do it, or help him out. It's such an easy job, takes 10 minutes tops for someone that knows what they are doing, including the time it takes to get the car in the air.

_Clark

·
Registered
363 Posts
Um not to be rude but you could have gone to your local store bought the parts and made that for less......... The exauhst bends are like five bucks the tips are worth maybe ten a piece and that is a fifty dollar muffler............. the tips were put on with a set screw which will rattle loose and fall out. Cheap imitations never are worth the price asked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts