Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have decided to wait on going into the army for a while so instead i am going down to slidell, LA(near NO) to rebuild houses its gonna pay $1000 a week + room and board so i figured why not but i wont have internet down there so i prolly wont be on for a while yall prolly dont care but i felt like making a thread anyways so yeah this first trip i will be down there for 3 weeks then home for a week so when i get through down there keep an eye on the auto forum cause i will be doin a lot of stuff to the blazer alright well merry x-mas and happy new year later dudes

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
z71redneck08 said:
can you give me some money??
someone who is going to build houses for a living because he cant find a job where he's at vs. somebody who just got 300 dollars for raking the yard :shrug:

i know you were joking <3

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BUBBASR. said:
thats good stuff man..use the money don't just blow it all on booze and hookers like I do.
yeah i know one of the first things i am going to do is get my truck paid off, pay some crap off thats on my cred, and get new tires for my truck, then start saving up and come back and find a way to invest it and make my money work for me

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
We'll miss you man, g/l.

For 1,000 bucks a week, they're going to be working you like a slave.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Flash LCD said:
For 1,000 bucks a week, they're going to be working you like a slave.
I doubt it. The demand alone for construction workers and roofers around here is uber high. Contractors and construction companies are still making a killing from Katrina, and they make a substantial profit by giving like 8-hour workdays with breaks. You'd be surprised.

Before Katrina, new roofs cost $75-$100/square, depending on the nationality of the workers and the materials used.

Our family just bought a new roof last month for $175/square, with the average current price being anywhere from $150/square to $225/square.

·
Registered
830 Posts
have an awesome time, youre doing something great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts