Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am no longer a cockerguy. Today i said goodbye to it and shipped it off to its new master. And about a half an hour after that i ordered my new impy.
2004 black impulse
dye sticky grips
14" AA Freak barell
blade magnetic trigger
Impulse strange bolt
I am soon getting a drop forward, LPR and Vision (with silver jewel). I have grown to love impys and im glad i finally "own" one even know its not here yet.

what do you guys think? i make a good choice?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice I am not sure about the Freak. My friend owns one and he likes it. I am thinking about getting a barrel system that has different backs as oppsed to different inserts.

By the way I was born in Cedar rapids. How is the paintball there?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were? nice. Paintball is hard to get into around here. only one shop around here that actually sells paintball stuff and the closest feild is in tiffin about 45 mins away. But it is getting bigger and im hearing of some indoor places around here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are a few fields here. I like the smaller fields. We have one in Leesburg that has been there since the begining of time. They are overcrowded and expensive. My experience with indoors is they are too expensive. I played in one in Long Island New York. It cost me 100 dollars for 5 hours. Its FPO and they charge you 75 for a Case.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Dude, i dont know about buying the cricket board like you said. I think the 04's already have it... unless your talking about the vision, in which case, good idea.

·
Registered
313 Posts
good choice much better than the cocker, now i just have to convince all my friends. Your setup is just like mine excpet i have a regular freak barrel and i dont have my strange bolt yet. Oh yeah gotts get my sticky grips too.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I just ordered a Grey Nasty about an hour ago. How is the Evil Pipe?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
evil pipe is nice

to the first post:

good choice to trade out the cocker for the imp. the freak will be good too. i would get the drop after the lpr... and if u are getting vision, why didnt u just buy it with it? or do u mean ur gonna get it in awhile?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would not recommend the vision to anyone. He should go vision ready and buy a WAS EQ. The difference in price between Vision ready and with Vision is about 125. WAS EQ is 150. For 25 more his IMpy would be so much better. After an LPR and Trigger, I plan to get a WAS board.

·
Registered
83 Posts
CoolHipJim56 said:
Dude, i dont know about buying the cricket board like you said. I think the 04's already have it... unless your talking about the vision, in which case, good idea.
The 04 does have the Cricket board

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P4IN7 B4LLS said:
evil pipe is nice

to the first post:

good choice to trade out the cocker for the imp. the freak will be good too. i would get the drop after the lpr... and if u are getting vision, why didnt u just buy it with it? or do u mean ur gonna get it in awhile?
Yeah im just gonna get the vision in a while, and i didnt really have the $ for it and i had no time to waste saving for it. And yeah im gonna get the drop after the lpr

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry to bring back the dead but i finnaly got it

its a little smudgy because i cant let it go, but i got the strange bolt smart parts freak and magno-blade on it right now.

edit- the dam grips backorderd

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
IF you really want a nice barrel system, GEt a Scepter 5 peice. I have shot and owned every barrel kit you can think of. The only kit that can compare w/ the Scepter IMO is the Hammer head kit, and it can get kinda pricey.

Nice imp. Get WAS, don't waste your time w/ buying the SP's Vision board when you can get WAS now. Get a CCM No rise, a Halo,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts