Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by a professional boxer :D

i just started going to gates boxing club, and when i got there for the fisrt time today, my trainer (david gates) and jose "stinger" medina were there to meet and train with me. we ran for 25 minutes, did some bag work, and then worked with those circles you hold up to be hit.

then they asked me if i wanted to spar, to which i gladly said yes :D

goddamn, pros can hit hard, and he wasnt even trying.. i managed to somehow land a decent body shot and a few lovetaps on his face, but in the process i got busted on the nose several times and i had more blood on my face than those zombies in horror movies

i learned a lot in just this one day, cant wait to start competing eventually with gates (i hope)

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Haha, nice Spud! I was 'lucky' enough to never have to spar a pro when I did boxing - I can only imagine the power behind those punches. I remember when the previous World Heavyweight Champion came and visited us, and I could only think of how insanely strong his hits must be. His hands were HUGE.

Anyways, keep up with the training and you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

-Jin

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
that's insane! sounds pretty fun in a strange, 'i just got beat up,' kind of fun...

glad to hear you're learning, when do you think the next time you'll spar will be?

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i remember my first time kick boxing. i had boxed for a lil while, but never kick boxed. all in all, i ended up getting my ass kicked by my friend whom i outweigh by like 40 lbs. its all good, jorge grugel (UFC fighter, owns the place we were at) beat the **** out of my friend soon after.

u gots to get ur ass kicked time and time again if u wanna be decent. i dont have money for gym fees right now so boxing is on the back burner

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i will be getting my ass kicked time and time again cause from what it looks like we may actually become sort of training partners. there arent many people training at gates right now, so a lot of attention is on whoever is there, and if the only fighters are me and jose, then we are the ones who train will together.

oh yea, i may become his ride home, so this could be a training partner by default thing haha

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
good luck with that bro, and everyone gets thier ass kicked every once in a while, your just the one that makes it a profession:dodgy:

·
I like paintball
177 Posts
Do we just go to a boxing place and ask"Can I be a boxer." Im not really out of shape or anything. Can run 3 miles, 150 pushups, 200 jumpsquats in 1 1/2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts