Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEDIA ADVISORY: CLASSES CANCELLED DUE TO POWER OUTAGEROLLA, Mo.

-- Classes at the University of Missouri-Rolla have been cancelled for Monday (Nov. 13, 2006) due to a power outage affecting most of the buildings on campus.

The outage occurred at approximately 7 p.m. Sunday due to a malfunction in the main transformer on campus.

UMR crews must install new fuses in the transformer before power can be restored. Those fuses will be shipped from the Chicago area today and are not expected to arrive before tonight. Therefore, power may not be restored until Tuesday morning.

The outage affects all campus buildings except for the UMR residence halls, the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building and Student Recreation Center, the Bureau of Mines Building, the Campus Support Facility and the Student Health Center.

For updates, students should tune in to local radio stations and check their UMR email accounts and the UMR website (www.umr.edu). Students also may check the front desk of Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall for updates.

Students who usually dine at the Havener Center may dine at the Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall cafeteria until power is restored to Havener.

UMR staff should follow their regular work schedules during this outage. Staff may take vacation time if authorized by their supervisor. Staff also should report for duty on Tuesday unless otherwise notified.
Oh dang, no school for me. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Yes but even if its cancelled he still gets credit......

I skipped a class today. Am I still going to get an A? Yes....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
=( my college never cancels classes

last year, we had over a foot of snow, it was not plowed, shoveled, or salted. The roads were blocked. Ice evrywhere.

i called to ask if classes were canceled, they laughed at me

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick78 said:
hahahaha. They really laughed? That's kinda funny on a sadistic level.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Psst..

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at student.hpa.edu:16080.
# The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

# If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

# If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
We had the power go out Friday at the football game.

I don't think it was a senior prank, but it was a damn good one if it was. Took them 33 minutes to restore power.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Some of those other websites really kill me. I assume some of Ellis' classmates aren't exactly over-achievers.

Oh, and let Russell know, based on his hobby page.....he's either an extreme nerd or a homosexual. thumup:

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
Wes Himself said:
Yeh you can tell how much of an Over Achiever Ellis is.

Everyone else's website doesn't have half of what his does.
like 200kb of linked pictures with another 200kb in rollovers?

optimizing ftw.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Rick78 said:
=( my college never cancels classes

last year, we had over a foot of snow, it was not plowed, shoveled, or salted. The roads were blocked. Ice evrywhere.

We'll still go to school in a category 4 hurricane, but if there's an inch of sleet we get a 2 hour delay

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
My name isn't Brian, I was joking.

doomsday said:
Some of those other websites really kill me. I assume some of Ellis' classmates aren't exactly over-achievers.

Oh, and let Russell know, based on his hobby page.....he's either an extreme nerd or a homosexual. thumup:
Yeah, they're mostly stupid kids and ESL students. Except for Russell, in which both of your statements apply.

sNoW PIrAnHa said:
I didn't know there was snow in Hawaii, you probably shouldn't be putting your gun in it.
Some picture from the seller I bought it from.

L1nUx_r0ot said:
like 200kb of linked pictures with another 200kb in rollovers?

optimizing ftw.
Yeah...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts