Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking in to getting a marker, and I'm wondering about the advantages of pump (more skill, more Dependant,easier and more mechanical mods, doing something different, light weight) over tank markers, would you recommend it? and what marker would you recommend to start? (used ideally, I don't have much cash)

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I would personally not recommend a pump marker as a starter

I would first, either get a simple and rugged mechanical marker (like a Spyder or a cheap used Tippmann), or see if someone with a pump would let you borrow the pump for a few games and see if you like it

Personally, I was just about to drop a good chunk of change on a pretty decent pump setup, but never played pump before
Than I had a friend let me borrow his pump for a game, and hated it... a lot...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
My first marker was a pump and I did just fine but today for the players that are just starting it is really an uphill battle. Electronic markers are so cheap now that any cracker can buy one and head to the field and start flinging paint. With all that paint in the air it is hard for a new player to learn the ropes and compete without at least a mech semi to try and keep up.

That said there is no greater thrill in paintball than playing stockclass against those same electro toting crackers. :smokin

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'm just messing with you. :)

I was just trying to say that electronic markers are so cheap that anybody and everybody can now buy one. You get a bunch of players with no skill (what I meant by crackers) shooting tons of paint around and nobody can move around on the field and actually PLAY paintball.

·
owned noob
5 Posts
Crawdaddy is right it is very hard to play with a pump since people just sit back and fling paint every were it does take more skill but to tell you the truth no one cares as in no one will acknowledge you for the great one shot pump action skill

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
I play and love pump. Though its not for everyone. At least start with a decent mech, or even a beginner electro setup with eyes, get yourself situated in your playing style and ability.
Crackers are gringos. I cant believe im not the only one to still say "cracker" anymore. Haha.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Crawdaddy is right it is very hard to play with a pump since people just sit back and fling paint every were it does take more skill but to tell you the truth no one cares as in no one will acknowledge you for the great one shot pump action skill
I don't play pump to impress other people I play it to challenge myself and because it makes the game more interesting. Eliminating other players with a minimum of paint isn't even the goal or the challenge it is actually playing the game with little paint and a severe firepower disadvantage. Many semi players aren't even aware of just how much paint they use just moving around the field.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts