Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go camping for a few days and look at all the adventurous things I miss. OH, and to add to it camping was boring as hell. BUT to leave on an "exciting" note today me, my friend, and his uncle got thrown from a boat going about oh, 30 something. Because of going in head first I ended up biting my lip and going clear through it. My friend was sitting in the back and smashed into the top of the motor before going in. His uncle just flew though, lucky guy. But anyways, I now have 4 stiches in one side of my lip, and 3 on the other....my stepdad keeps going "Yo Adrian!" when he walks by, and well....it's a little bit odd feeling. I also lost a hat seeing as it sunk to the bottom of the lake for the fish to eat, since they wouldn't eat out bait anyways. His uncle also lost a 60 dollar leather Dale Earnhardt hat that he bought at the Brickyard 400 on Sunday. My friends got some bruised ribs and all....but his dad's squeaky clean. Fun times.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I hit the water going that fast on water skiis last week (try to one ski on one of those "fat" short skis" and i got outside the wake and the rope popped out of my hands and it felt like i hit cement, i felt like crap for the rest of the day and got a bad headache, but no real harm was done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i've been wakeboarding......i took like 4 pain pills that night and still had pains. I dont know if i wanna do that again....

·
Registered
687 Posts
... do you know why I don't wakeboard. take it like a man you little midget

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well two days before we were tubing....falling off a tube, skis, or wakeboard is one thing because you're moving and whatnot, and closer to the water. Being THROWN from a boat though is different. My lip still hurts and is swelled like a mofo, but it's fine. I woke up this morning w/ a nasty stomach ache though from swallowing blood and was really dizzy for a bit. My leg hurts a little too from my leg hitting the side of the boat, nothin to worry about though. But I wouldn't recommend anyone do it, kinda scares the poo out of ya for a little bit.

I'm still mad about losing my hat. Grrr....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Me and my friend were ridding his dads jetski well its an 1200 modded up lol, we were goin about 90mph and he decideds to try and turn well we both flew off, he had a hold of the bars so he didnt go to far but me? lol i went like 30ft, hit the water broke my arm in two places and chiped a bunch of bone off the end of my elbow, now that was crazy:)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
my friend has a 31 foot cobalt 921. It is a dual engine job.. We like standing on the swim deck and getting it up to plane out at about 35 mph. Then you jump down in between the two jet washes and it messes you up good. The way the water spins is pretty hard core. Its lots of fun to do holding onto someone else. One time we where wake boarding and a friend fell outa the front of the boat and got smashed into the side of it. Luckily no propeller action there.

Bad luck. But um just wondering, why exactly did you all go flying out again?

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That jetski accident sounds like it would suck. I can't imagine trying to swim w/ a broken arm.

Bubba - We were fishing and the wind kept blowing us to the ****ty part of the lake. We decided to go to the other end, so we all just sat down, but not in the seats. I grabbed a hold of something so I didn't come out the back or anything. My friends dad sped up and then probly like 2 seconds later I see the boat turn really sharp and next thing I knew I'm in the water. My friend was in the back right next to me, and smashed into the motor before going in, and his uncle just went of the side like I did. We must've all flew pretty damn far cuz I was about 30 feet from the boat, my friend was like 50 feet the other way, and his uncle was about 20 feet from me. But what happened I guess is one of the rods came at his dad's head, and when he went to dodge it the steering wheel jerked and sent 3/4 of us flying. I at first thought he was just trying to turn real sharp to scare us or something and it went wrong, but then I found out that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
thats some scary stuff. Yea when your in the water alone its very bad. I used to lifegaurd for a summer camp for a while and once one of our sailboats got jacked by a speed boat. Very bad. All we could do was get in the whaler and speed out there. One of the little girls was unconsious and the other two were totally freaked out. The guy in the speed boat was freaking out cause his formula was all scratch to hell. I guess they just slashed the front of the sail boat. the boat was totaled and the guy got his extreamely nice boat taken away. I was scared cause I thought she was gonna die.

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
When I was in Maui this summer, we went on this little boat to go snorkling and could hold about twenty people plus the captain. It was like one of those boats you see on the NAVY commecials, going over the waves and catching major air. Well anyway, around 12 pm the rip tides from come in and make the waves really big, we were doing like 35 over these 4 foot waves, no fun. Most of the time all I saw was the sky b/c the front of the boat was so high in the air. I remember the first time I went to Maui, (I went to Maui twice, we have a condo.) we went on a snorkling trip, only this time it was on a big catamaran and in the middle was like a net, so when we came back, and the waves were really huge, my brother and I got down in the front where the netting was, and layed down. We were going in these like 8 foot swells with ocean water pouring over us. At the time it was super fun, but now when I look back on it, it was a bad idea lol ;0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts