Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popping the question this weekend....

Here is the ring I made her. You cant tell in the photo but each wire is actually a white gold and yellow gold spiraled together and then drawn down into a single wire. Diamond is nothing fancy, .1 carat but it actually worked out great with my design to have a smaller diamond and she is not a fan of large stones anyway (thank God!) All together this ring has cost me about $300 and a lot of elbow grease. compare that to a cheap one at $1200 in a store....

the knot, if you dont recognize it, is called a figure-8 knot. its a climbing knot and climbing is one of the big things that has brought us together so i thought it was a decent idea. that, and i am also going to ask her while climbing on sunday

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Good luck! Very awesome on making the ring. GOtta love the figure 8.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o, and if anyone ever tries to tell you tying a knot in metal is easy, punch them. especially when working with gold and you know that one little mistake and you have screwed yourself and you also know that you dont have enough money to buy more gold either. I went through 7+ trial rings in copper and nickle-silver just to get the working process down before attempting the gold one

the good news, turns out i had just enough gold to also make my own wedding band as well, mine is the same knot just without the diamond

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very cool! Used to teach basic climbing, take kids at risk rappelling etc... In my younger days. That's awesome you have a meaningful ring to give to her. Congrats!

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy ****. i'm jelly of that ring.

when you come back... we'll... celebrate? ahah
im just excited to be back on the west side where i can actually play every once in a while. Closest field in ellensburg is 45 min away and its not even all that good. If i could get air fills in the burg to play back woods ball that would be nice but nobody will fill tanks

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Just show her the thread on here. We will all follow up by trying to convince her to say no. :hug:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts