Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to this crazy abandoned glass factory today. It looks like it has caught on fire a couple of times. Its about a 20 minute drive from my house and I never knew it existed until a friend of mine suggested we go today. Here are some of the pictures.

From inside the main building.

A tree growing out of concrete.

The inside of one of the smoke stacks.

The outside of the same smoke stack.

Standing on a 2 foot pipe 3 stories in the air looking up at the main building.

Standing on a pipe looking at the roof of one of the smaller buildings.

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more pictures, couldn't fit them all in one post:

Spiral ramp in the basement of the factory...pretty much my favorie picture out of all of the entire set.

Cool graffiti...

I got all different colors and kinds of pieces of glass. I had to get over my fear of heights too...and I did successfully!

D

·
0 Posts
wild. I used to love going through abandoned buildings. I have a few pictures myself. no idea where they all are though.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
nice!
all the abandoned building around my are are far too dangerous to be exploring like that.
one of them they tore down was an old steel mill that has asbestos everywhere. it cost millions of dollars because they couldn't let any dust rise.

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah well...there was a lot of asbestos everywhere, I had to be really careful not to make a big dust cloud whenever I waslked or touched anything. Thats really hard for me because I'm not what anyone would define as graceful. I just pulled my shirt up over my face when I was walking around inside.

it has been forever since I posted...got a new job that takes up a lot of time. but I'm baaaack.

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would've used a hazmat suit.
I was crazy filthy...I took a looooooong shower, the only thing I was worried about was the asbestos though, I got my tetanus shot a couple of months ago. Next time I'll be wearing a mask and some long sleeves. My arms got scratched up by all the jaggers everywhere, pretty much the only injury I sustained.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
She has 70 something posts and you guys all wonder where she went.

Anyway, one or two of those pics look really familiar.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
lol, I used ot love exporing and stuff in the woods behind my house when I was younger.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts